Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Novotel Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
Glen Inn(Glen Waverley)
US$ 141
US$ 83
Priceline
Quest Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)
US$ 179
US$ 162
  • Fitness centre
Apartments of Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
US$ 147
US$ 142
US$ 200
US$ 188
Hotels.com
Burwood East Motel(Burwood)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
US$ 79
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationwithin walking distancestayed hereinstructionsfurnishingsdishwasherapartment
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Studio. Value for money , great property facilities - oven , dishwasher, washing machine, dryer etc. Good for longer stays , and great location. On top of the train station however noise is not an issue. Variety of local restaurants walking distance. Only negative there were a lot of marks on the wall , not sure if it just needs a paint or the prior guest caused some damage , it did make the place look a little uninviting however overall cleanliness was not an issue.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2017

The location is ideal, just next to the Glen Waverley Station. One would have thought it would be a great start to a stay there. The booking confirmation did not indicate there would be no reception and check-in feature, nor did it indicate access instructions would be given. We spend a whole hour and a half trying to get into the building and getting into the room. The indicated contact number was not supported because it is after office hours on a Saturday just after 1.00pm. We left with no choice but to trigger the lift emergency telephone to get the attention of the building manager. Only then, he answered our call to find out what had happened. He helped us to get the person in charge and she came after a few minutes. Claiming follow-up email was send with access instructions but I did not receive any emails from them on the date they claimed was send. Such an incident could have prevented if they indicate a follow-up email with access instructions would be send by a certain date so that if the customer does not receive it, he could ask for it.

Room Tip: Ask for east facing room, west facing room was really hot in March
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I had 3 days in Glen Waverly and needed a space where I could sleep comfortably, whilst having room to meet with the people I needed to brief.
IKON delivered well. Okay, it's bare bones basic, you have a welcome pack (6 serves of Coffee, Tea and Milk), when you run out, go out and buy your own. BUT... the appliances are 1st class, the furnishing terrific and a great bed and Bathroom. The Kitchenette is so good that you could prepare a meal for 4 or 5 without an issue.
But why bother...LOCATION, Location, Location. You are surrounded with so many excellent places to eat, you'll have a problem choosing.
All in all, I use them again.

Room Tip: ask for something on the 10th floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
ParkAvenueAccGrp, Business Development at Park Avenue - IKON Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Patrick S,

Thank you so much for your time in rating us and writing this review for us. I have shared your kind words with the team and everyone is delighted to hear such a positive feedback from you.

It is very lovely to know that you enjoyed the appliances, furnishing and our offering as a whole; I am looking forward to have you back with us again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly in your next trip here !

Yours truly,
Yvonne C (marketing@parkave.com.au)

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Our first and possibly last visit to this Property was sadly lacking in hospitality from the staff. My husband went to get the key to our room like we were told to do in the instructions. But the key wasn't there so he rang the number provided for Ikon. After telling the lady on the phone several times the key wasn't there, she kept saying he was doing it wrong! After my husband getting annoyed, as she seriously wasn't listening she looked into it...the cleaner hadn't put the keys back!! We then went to park in our car park in the basement, we get to our carpark and there is another car in it. We ring again, to be told we were at the wrong carpark, I don't think so!! She then tells us to check our checkin details etc, to be perfectly honest this lady was accusing us of being incompetent instead of listening! Correct details etc, we were told to hold - by this time my temper was starting to flare because she refused to believe us! Finally she comes back on the line, 'the cleaner has parked in our carpark'!!!!!! We are told to wait and the cleaner will be down to move the car. Finally to our room, nice view and nice apartment, needs to lose the mould in the shower and needs to have a soap and shampoo holder instead of using the floor of the shower!! Day 2 we go out and come back and guess what? there is the same car in our car park! Could not believe this is happening again. Husband went to find cleaner, not happy Jan!! This could be considered comical but we were not laughing considering we had paid " up front" for this carpark. Cleaner finally found and little yellow car moved again. The hallway carpet on our floor has black stains that need to be removed. They need to make checking in easier and they definitely need friendlier staff, who listen and can understand English a bit better!! Also the locking of our room door very very unsafe as you have to make sure the door is locked from the outside, if you forget, you may not have any of your things when you come back. Most Hotels/units self lock automatically that I have stayed in. The noise of cars hooning around late at night was a pain, but that is not Ikons fault. Our start to this complex was very very ordinary and not in any hurry to go back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ParkAvenueAccGrp, Business Development at Park Avenue - IKON Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear MrsFussy1962,

Thank you for your review and I am concerned about the experience that you have faced which is unacceptable in Park Avenue's standards. I would like to assure you that we have raised your feedback in our weekly staff meeting and we have taken appropriate actions to ensure that this will not happen again.

On behalf of Park Avenue, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and should you ever change your mind or wish to speak with me directly, I would welcome you personally - I am just an email or a call away.

Regards,
Yvonne C

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This accommodation is part of Park Avenue, which I had used previously, staying at Kew. Location wise was very handy indeed, train station just underneath it, The Glen shopping centre and plenty of eateries were nearby. Having a car wasn't a necessity. The noise from the train station were minimal and most times we couldn't hear the traffic once you closed the glazed door.

Retrieving the keys was simple as instructions will be sent to you a few days beforehand. I requested for a car park space and since we're sharing with residents, you HAVE to park at your allocated space, which can be tricky the first time since the numbers were printed on the ground not the wall. Map of parking only showed two levels, whereas there was the 3rd level, which was ours. A bit tricky to find but got used to it once you found it.

Our apartment was the 10th floor with the view of station. The inside was clean and presentable and provided amenities such as for bathroom, kitchen and laundry. What bothered me was the lock to entrance door, you actually had to manually lock it when you leave. Good luck if you forget. Perhaps an addition of chains or self lock?

This was my second booking with Park Avenue and again everything's satisfactory and as expected. Will try to book other properties with them in the future without hesitation

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank girlstuckinsydney
ParkAvenueAccGrp, Business Development at Park Avenue - IKON Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear Jen,

Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate the tips that you have shared in your review. You are correct about the allocation of parking spot - we are sharing this apartment with permanent tenants so we will have to be cautious in that matter! Thank you for your suggestion on the locks and we are happy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcome you again!

Kind regards,