1,181 results
All reviews shopping centre dandenong ranges buffet breakfast hotel restaurant accor member cinema complex train station room service bowling alley cafes and restaurants per day car park yarra valley business hotel last visit convenient location melbourne cbd
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Fabulous stay. We took our daughter and son-in-law and 4 grandchildren to the Novotel Glen Waverley for 2 nights. The rooms were clean and worked well for us with 2 adults and 2 children in each. The complimentary drinks are appreciated. Buffet breakfast was a huge hit with the kids and the staff went above and beyond with service, sharing, caring and taking time to talk to the children. Highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back. The location is ideal for a getaway.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Good Morning John Terry M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such fantastic feedback on your visit!
I am so pleased to hear that your family had such a great stay! We can not wait to have you stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

The best thing about the hotel is its location. It is 5 min walk from Glen Waverley train station, giving it access to all parts of Melbourne for those who dont have a car. It is adjacent to the Century City Walk which has several local drinking & dining options. It is also next to Kingsway St, which has even more great dining options. Thus for a tourist, it is in the perfect location.
The rooms are spacious enough, however the bathroom can be better. The flush would malfunction, toiletries not provided, and the shower is not in an enclosed space - which means you'll be cold shivering the moment you turn the tap off.
The Most disappointing thing however is that they put the 'process' before the 'customer'. Just because I had booked through a travel desk/portal and not through their website, they declined to credit me any Accor loyalty program points. I even had to pay for the wifi despite being an Accor member, until the guy at the checkout waved it off at the last minute.
Key tips:
- They dont offer free wifi like other hotels or even cafes do.
- If you hope to get Accor points, book directly through their website, not any hotel booking portal.

Room Tip: Wifi is NOT Free & book through the hotel website to get Accor points
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Hanoz T,
Thank you for review, I appreciate the time taken.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location - there are certainly many great things to see in the area.
As previously discussed, I am sorry that you felt the process came before the customer. We strive to provide excellent customer service at all times, so this was very disappointing to hear.
Thank you for your feedback.
Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Haven’t stay here in over 12 months. Was greatly surprised with the service I received. From the quick check in with a big smile, personalised parking, water and wine. I felt like a very valued customer. For the 3 nights had breakfast and dinner and still find the food a bit average and expensive for what is received. Service was good though. As a Platinum Accorplus member I received this, it would be great if all Accor premises treated there loyal members like this. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Good Morning Chris P
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you were treated as well as I would expect being one of our Platinum members. Thank you so much for your loyalty and we can not wait to have you stay with us again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were there for a weekend ,just gone,and arrived at 10 pm after visiting our son who lives at Wheeler's hill.
At 11am my husband had s severe bout of vomiting probably from the food he had eaten coming over from Perth.
The night manager for the Novotel his name was ADRIAN came in at my request to assist me,helping with holding the bucket for my husband to get sick into,calling an ambulance and emergency medical services,that gave us no assistance what so ever and finally my son took me to an overnight chemist where the medication helped him settle.
Till 2am the manager remained in our room and attended to my husband's needs .
There is no way we can replace the kindness he showed us
The staff from the front desk the dining room staff even the chef himself went out of the way to make us comfortable till we left on Monday.
We have stayed over the last12 years or so at the Novotel at least twice a year.and have nothing but sincere praise for the comfort cleanliness and fabulous breakfasts they have
We hope Mr ADRIAN will be given the recognition he deserves for a promotion
We will be returning there in November for sure

Room Tip: The better rooms appear to be on the 5 th and 6 th floors,though I am sure all rooms are good .luxurious sheets and pillows
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kamalas080
Andrew M, Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Good Morning Kamalas080,

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to share such a fantastic guest journey story with us. There is nothing better then reading a truly fantastic guest experience, that has been made by one of our people!
I have already shared your fantastic comments with our team and have also nominated Adrian for one of our internal awards - but I am sure that just your comments alone will motivate him to continue to provide exceptional service.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We will searching around for a place to stay when visiting Yarra Valley. As we do not want to stay in Motel, this place is a good choice as it is about 45 mins drive to Yarra Valley and is of Hotel standard.

Also it is besides an entertainment centre where there are many restaurants besides it. As such,
I will not recommend Hotel breakfast. You can have it nearby.

Stayed: June 2018
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Good Morning Stefan

Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope you enjoyed your visit to Yarra Valley.
We look forward to having you stay again in the future.
Andrew Maynard