Agree with the previous reviewer, this cant be a 4 star property! First arriving to the lobby and restaurant area it could look nice but reaching your (superiour sea view) room can be a huge dissappointment. Amenities are all there but it all looks extremely worn out. Supposedly a glamorous Sofitel, but the glamour must have been from the 70ies!
We liked 2 things - the little secluded private beach with white sand, but only if You dont look behind your back, where there are rusty abandoned beach restaurant, ugly looking pool area, very worn out sunbeds and a small bar that looks also deserted and dusty.
The second good thing is the terrace overlooking the ocean and colourful flowers.
But the service was very poor and not helpful, maybe because of their almost total lack of english language skill, the food area service was unbelievably slow and unprofessional which is unfortunately not reflected in their very high prices!
In total - the place is really overrated and overpriced, showing only run down yesterday's glory. One doesnt want to stay somewhere that looks rusty & deserted on otherwise such a gorgeous island, especially paying almost a 300eur per night!
PS If you need to choose between Basse Terre and Grande Terre, then dont pick Le Gosier and Grande Terre, there is so much more beauty in the lush Basse Terre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L auberge de la vieille tour, facing the turquoise sea with a view panoramique, an exceptionnal elegant building of colonial architecture and style, a reminder of the charms of another timeA perfect scenery for your next business trip or an exotic and authentic vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auberge de la Vieille Tour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Hotel Gosier
- Auberge De La Vieille Tour Le Gosier, Guadeloupe