All reviews low town sunday lunch steak car park trio rear portions meal
Reviewed 10 September 2018

visited Severn Valley steam rail, perfect place to stay over. Located just below the Funicular 10 mins from station. Lots of nice pubs and restaurants close by in low and high town but actually Falcon is best place to eat. Nice bright bar, lovely food especially sunday lunch and breakfast, great staff, good value all round very enjoyable stay.
Lots of free parking space just outside back of hotel very useful.
Can recommend

Room Tip: out back is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My parents stayed here during our family road trip. The staff were extremely welcoming and the rooms appeared to be well furnished and newly decorated. However my parents did experience difficulties and the was a continued lack of hot water to their rooms, for their 3 night stay!
We all ate once in the restaurant and whilst our meal was tasty, I felt it was over priced and lacked in quantity...even for my small appetite. Additionally quests should note that this hotel is located on a very busy road and traffic noise continued well in to the night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised at the good value of this hotel. We arrived after check in time but our room wasn’t quite ready so we were offered complimentary drinks at the bar while we waited a short while. The room was good - quite spacious and I think recently renovated. It overlooked the main road so if you aren’t used to traffic noise then it may be wise to ask for earplugs. The bar area is bright and welcoming and we enjoyed the cooked breakfast. All in all, good value for money with plenty of free on site parking and an excellent location for exploring the town. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Ok, so I did book this hotel last minute, we got a double room with ensuite.....and it was during a very hot spell, something that the U.K. Isnt setup for. The room had no aircon, and no fan, so we slept with the window open, but there was traffic noise all night. The room was tiny, and the mattress could do with changing, but, breakfast was a charming experience. This hotel looks great, but the rooms dissapoint.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank holidayhound088
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were pleasantly surprized at the clean, fresh modern look of the falcon,,i its ideally placed and plenty of free parking , a must in a place where there are double lines all round the centre, we could n't fault our room, very comfy it was perfect for our needs, I requested a room with a view, which was great for watching the world pass by, downside it was very noisy as you are directly on the main road, it was quiet by one o'clock am. with only a couple of vehicles passing through the night, but it must be quite horrendous early weekday mornings, another niggle was we could n't eat in the restaurant for our evening meal as I forgot to book, but in all other hotels I ve been they usually keep one table back for residents, the staff said they do n;t do this, so begrudgingly we had to turn out looking for somewhere to eat on a busy Saturday night, Breakfast was nice and served very quicly
yes I would stay there again and pre book a table and request a room overlooking the quiet car park

Room Tip: Hotel front rooms over looking the road are very noisy, back rooms much quieter overlooking the carpark
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple