The Down Inn
US$ 87
US$ 84
US$ 132
Priceline
All reviewsturkeyporkcoach tripsunday carverylarge wet roomthree choicescar parkfirst classrural locationvegetable selectionbridgnorth areastaff were friendly and efficientcooked vegetablesexcellent carverypudswide selectionbiscuits
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Superb food and efficient staff helped make an 80th birthday party for 40 including several small children, a memorable day. The staff were very helpful in making things happen exactly as we planned, serving drinks at the tables for the wines but ready poured for the champagne, rustling up a knife for the birthday cake and a lighter for the candles and even wrapping the remnants of the cake in cling-film for us to take away. I would certainly recommend The Down and hope to use it again for any similar function we plan.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gloake
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The word 'Inn' denotes Traditional Hospitality and never was it more apt than at The Down Inn, Bridgnorth. From the moment we walked in to the bar area and was greeted with a genuinely warm welcome to the time we left two days later, we were made to feel like royalty by all concerned. As very weary travellers making our way home to Snowdonia from the south of England, having attended the funeral of a very dear friend, it is impossible to relay how much this was appreciated.
a) The staff were wonderfully accommodating.
b) Our room was absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
c) The food, at the risk of seeming disingenuous, was delicious. Top quality produce, plentiful and most reasonably priced, all served with a friendly smile.
Being in the trade ourselves we feel suitably qualified to recommend The Down Inn to anyone seeking both quality AND value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Celtiaid
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We held our wedding reception here and i have to say it was the best decision we made.The staff were great on the day and could not do enough for us.Our small party of 30 all commented on the fantastic venue and how good the staff were.The food was excellent and the chef even catered for 2 special requests at short notice on the day. The accomodation was great and good value.The breakfast was just as good as the food we had the night before.I really can not speak highly enough of The Down and would recommend it to everyone.
Thank you to all the staff who worked hard on the day to make it special for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank steviejay65
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed here with a group of family, we basically booked the hotel for the weekend for a special occasion.
The website looked a bit dull when I looked, but I was very very very very happy with everything.
Check in was smooth with a warm welcome and we all settled in,
The rooms main rooms were large and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Rooms also came with a kettle and plenty of refreshments. Some things didn't work as well as they could have, but that was only a light and there were others, and the tv have a little extra noise coming not coming from the programme, weird motor thing!
The free wireless wasn't working completely while we were there, but you could sit in the hall to get a feed so we weren't prevented from using it, and I believe it is being fixed this week.
Bathrooms have towels and toiletries provided and have baths, not just showers, they are a little small but do the job!
The pub itself is a classic. The food is wonderful according to the family, but for me as a vegetarian there wasn't wide range which would be nice, although I do understand profit margins! I also trust that it is good quality beer!
The pub is about 5 minutes drive from Bridgnorth which is also a lovely place.
I cannot recommend this place as much as I'd like too, but it is certainly safe to say, I loved my stay, as did the rest of the family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The accommodation annex is new: it is both comfortable and functional and very clean. The carvery offers unlimited amounts of roast meat and vegetables: the turkey was particularly good.
We had to leave early and an excellent cooked breakfast was provided a full hour before the usual start time: greatly appreciated.
We paid a total of about £100 for the room, breakfast and a meal for two and considering the quality of what was provided, this is a real bargain.
It is a good idea to get some directions as Ludlow Road is very long and the Down Inn is in a remote spot.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple