“Lunch ”
Review of Dom Peixe

Dom Peixe
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Porto Moniz
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 21
Description: Especially fresh with a delicious menu and house specialties. Grilled Fresh Fish, Seafood Rice, Tuna Steak, lobster, seafood spaghetti, are some of our suggestions of unique flavors, aromas and seasonings.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We were surprised by this modern and spotlessly clean place with elegant decorations. Had a great fish, soups and salad. The regional white wine was amazing. Definitely one of few places to eat when in Porto Moniz.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Rice in paella was not well cooked, shrimps were not peeled, squid was not soft, unfriendly waiter...

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great and helpful service ❤️ very good espresso, food (big portions) juicy tuna steak, delicious limpets... everything! Recommend 100% - go there and be happy! ❤️

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

came to eat here with my boyfriend on our week of showing him around my mother land, luckily we had a perfect day to enjoy the sun & came to enjoy some food in porto Moniz so we came here after searching on TripAdvisor good places for food.
We ordered some lapas for starter & followed with mains his a prego no Prato and my self a bife com molho de cogumelos (sirloin steak with fried egg & fillet steak with mushroom sauce)
I specifically asked my steak to be cooked medium well done..
First what came to the table was the starter which was very nice I enjoyed the lapas very much..
couple of moments later after we enjoyed the lapas the side dishes for the mains followed on where we could realise straightway that the salad which had sweetcorn in was not fresh as it was dark in colour ..
& then came out mains
my partners main was just as we expected and he says it was nice ..
where as my steak came and as it was placed in front of me I could realise the mushroom was not fresh and were in-fact were canned mushrooms I ignored this and started to cut into my steak as I cut into it the steak was just tearing into thin threads and the deeper the cut I realised how rare the steak was ! I kept cutting into the steak to see if it would be any more cooked but it was infact rare & green yes GREEN. I ate probably 1/4 of the steak but couldn’t do it anymore I could not continue to try to give some sort of explanation to my self why the steak looked like so..
I did not say anything to the waiter whereas he noticed something was not right and asked if I do not like it - I told him what the problem was it was rare it was green and was just tearing into threads .. he said he was going to speak to his owner which was just standing around in the bar..
a couple of moments later he came out to tell me that he spoke to the owner and came with the excuse that the steak is from a part of the cow which is called “fillet mignon” where it tends to be a soft piece of meat I had no words to give to this waiter and just said ok and asked for the bill on the bill they did not charge me for my steak thankfully .. what really annoys me is if this woman was the owner and was just lingering around in the bar doing nothing and he knew she had customer who was not happy with the food she should of built the courage to come and tell me why’d my food was at the standards that it was fair enough a fillet mignon is a soft tender piece of meat but a green fillet mignon? - so much for saying the steak was a fillet mignon this wasn’t my first fillet mignon gonna that I’ve ate in my life but one of the first fillet mignon which finished with me having to stay home all evening. Thanks Dom Peixe for cutting my day short.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We can to visit on an evening with high winds and rain. We were the only people in the restaurant and were made to feel most welcome the food was amazing I had the octopus salad for starter ands it was so tender the portion size was more like a main. After reading reviews we when for the mixed fish platter. All we can say if yum. Thanks for the recommendation. The waiter and other members of staff so polite and friendly and gave is information about the pictures on the walls.
Five stars would go back if I could