As a destination the lakes are brilliant - so naturally beautiful. Moving to the hotel, there are some very good points (rooms decent size and a variety of swimming pools). Overall though I’d say it’s a reasonable, rather than good....rationale being:
1. Food is repetitive with very little changing night to night
2. An attempted strict dress code at dinner that is not applied universally. Ie some men forced to put trousers on whilst others can wear swimming shorts (on the same night and arriving only minutes apart!)
3. No pool bar - reads as all inclusive but full board is a more apt description. All inclusive should mean drinks and snacks any time, but doesn’t
4. Location wise it’s a fair way from the town. It’s not walkable due to needing to cross major roads and no footpaths.Hotel does put a shuttle on, but at limited times and therefore if you want to travel further afield you’ll either spend a lot on taxis or waste a lot of time waiting. A hire car would be a wise move.
5. Customer service is mixed - reception fine but dining are anything but friendly.
6. You have to check out by 10am...that’s fine, apart from the cleaners came in to our room at 9am, whilst we were at breakfast, and where anything but apologetic.More
- Free parking