“One of the highlights of our trip”
Review of I'Licchio

I'Licchio
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 17
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We were staying in Montespertoli and wanted to do a wine tasting. We tried somewhere else and they were booked so we came here- so glad we did! At first it didn't look like we'd get the explanation with the wine and food because the only gentleman there spoke little English, which would have been fine. But he ended up calling in the resident wine expert, and she was amazing! She has her doctorate in wine and her knowledge blew us away. For 30 euro a person we received 5 full glasses of wine and a lot of tasty food to pair with them (and at the end she asked if we wanted to finish one of the bottles). We all loved every wine, even the white which Tuscany isn't known for. I even bought one of the bottles we tried. I'm kicking myself for not buying the jam made with sangiovese grapes! The bread made with ancient grains was so hearty and delicious, the cheeses were all scrumptious, and everything else we ate was amazing. They do a REALLY nice tasting here. Definitely at least check out the shop if you're in the area! They have a ton of great products for sale, including gluten-free items.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 5 September 2016

While waiting for family who had gone on a bike ride to Certaldo, my daughter and I decided to explore the main square of Montespertoli. We walked around and happened upon I'Licchio, a wonderful gourmet surprise. Daniele suggested a beautiful salad with goat cheese and porchetta. One of our favorite meals in Italy. He also suggested some wonderful organic wines. Such a delight to meet a couple who are so passionate about food and responsible farming. We ended up asking them to make up a dessert plate to bring to our riders, and they too enjoyed the treats.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I'Licchio, like many of the spots in Montespertoli, is a hole-in-the-wall just off the main square of the town. It is filled to brimming with local food and wine, including fresh milk and eggs from local farms. And they have a terrific menu. In their tiny kitchen they assemble beautiful tasting plates and salads. The service is very friendly and accommodating, there is a lovely local wine list, and meals are very affordable.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We were on the hunt for a wine tasting. When the first one fell through, this was our plan B. Make this your MUST. It's in the town center. We asked for the 20 Euro package, but got the 30 euro one, and through it was worth so much more. The sommelier was a woman who had a Ph.D in oeneology (the science of making wine and pairings). She was awesome. She studied in Italy and California. She opened up this restaurant with her sister and friends and you can tell they take pride in what they do. We got 5 wines she chose and bread, cheeses, and meats that she paired with the wines for us. She gave us brief but informative descriptions and background. Truly a great experience.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Mistyav
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Had 3 wines each and some food. The food is elementary but pleasant enough. They are working off a counter and a toaster as far as I can see, so based around their good mostly organic products. Very helpful service and a good range of wines. Valentina speaks good English, Daniele is getting there! Much better than my Italian. Go for the wines and the deli counter. The Chianti Classico was lovely, better than the riserva.

Date of visit: August 2016