“This lovely little family run restaurant, specialises in fungi.”

Trattoria Montalbino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is a tiny restaurant and I recommend you ring first. The journey into the middle of the Tuscan countryside is really worth it as the food is excellent. The husband collects fresh truffles and porcini when in season and the dishes are to die for. You will be made very welcome and there is a good wine list. The house wine is always excellent. Ideal for families or couples, sometimes it is very busy sometimes quiet; the locals love it. Either way, it's a very enjoyable experience. Tel 0039 339 3695 121

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant in a private home. Looks like a family business. Since we're not big on pasta dishes the choices were very limited.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Family run by 2 sisters doing everything from cooking to serving...
Amazing porcini soup and great pasta with white tartufo...

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This was our first meal in Italy after a long travel day from Chicago to Rome, then a 3 hour drive into Montespertoli. We arrived early, around 5:30, as we were very hungry. Not speaking much Italian, I asked when they opened for dinner. She responded in Italian - seeing I was a bit confused, typed in 7:30 on her calculator. While we were considering the time - and our growling stomachs, she typed in 7:00 and we came back at 7:00. How nice of them to open early for my wife and I!

We came back at 7:00 and so glad we did! I had the truffle zuppa to start - wonderful! We both had steaks, mine with a white peppercorn sauce that was perfect. Both of our steaks were done to perfection! Moma did all the cooking, even as the restaurant got a little busy. Pop waited tables and we felt like we were guests in their own dinning room.

It was a wonderful experience, one of my favorite memories of our trip - particularly for our first night in Italy - it felt like home. "Molto bene!"

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

All of the great reviews are correct! My husband, son, and I went to dinner here and loved it so much we returned for lunch the next day before we left the area. The truffle dishes are fantastic! If you want to experience a truly family-run trattoria that is off the beaten path, then this is definitely where you should go. We will be back very soon!

Date of visit: June 2016