Dimora Casa Eugenia(Loro Ciuffenna)
US$ 134
US$ 114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 126/night.

Relais Villa Belpoggio(Loro Ciuffenna)
US$ 172
Odina Agriturismo(Loro Ciuffenna)
  • Pool
Podere Casarotta(Loro Ciuffenna)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Residence San Miniato(Loro Ciuffenna)
Poggio Corsucci(Loro Ciuffenna)
TripAdvisor
La Locanda delle 3 Fonti(Loro Ciuffenna)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshalf boardbreakfast and dinnerpastawine tourmeal plantime sharecourse mealsmall towntennis courtsold millnew friendsno air conditioningrental caryogurtliving areabeautiful resorttimeshare exchange
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The town of Loro Cuifenna is purely magical and La Ferriera is a very special place to stay. When we walked into town, I immediately thought I had walked onto a movie set. The town is charming. The lodging itself is so welcoming and truly felt like home for our stay. The location couldn’t have been better. About an hour away in every direction were a wonderful places to explore, Florence, Sienna, Pisa, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Rapolano with its amazing thermal baths, Lucca, the list goes on and on. It is a perfect base to explore the region and a wonderful place to come home to every night. I was hesitant when I first found out that we needed to purchase the food package as I wanted to explore the area restaurants (we did at lunch) however it worked out to be one of my favorite things about staying there as after a long full day of exploring we were tired and it was such a pleasure to walk across the courtyard and have an incredibly delicious 4 course meal. We all could drink the fabulous local wines (the wine selections are fantastic too) and not worry about getting into a car and driving back to our lodging. It was heavenly.
The food at the restaurant was amazing. And the entire staff was incredible and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and cater to our every need, often without even having to ask. The staff at the restaurant, Simone, Grazia, Lucca was wonderful and made our dining experience perfect. They were helpful, engaging and knew so much about the food, history and matching wines. The morning breakfast staff were wonderful too but unfortunately, I didn’t catch their names but they also bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. And boy do they make a yummy cappuccino. And what can I say about Virginia, from the moment I received my first email reply from her to the last hug as we were leaving, Virginia was the most incredibly helpful and accommodating hostess that anyone could ask for. She gave us so many helpful tips. We were there celebrating a special birthday for my husband and she arranged for their baker to bake us an amazing sponge cake with Chantilly cream and fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit. I will dream of that cake for years it was so light and delicious. Grazie Mille Virginia for all that you did for us to make our trip one that will remain a wonderful memory for many years to come.
Another wonderful aspect of the resort is due to the fact that it is so small and that most people take dinner in the restaurant, everyone got to know their fellow diners and it was fun to share highlights of our days with one another and get tips on local things too.
Loro Cuifenna and La Ferriera and the lovely people of Tuscany stole our hearts. I hope one day that we can return to this magical place and make more memories. Arrivederci for now.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaOceanside
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Tina it was a pleasure and thank you for your wanderful words. We hope you will be back soon dear, don't forget to write me, we will check toghether your next visit here in Tuscany.

Virginia & La Ferriera STAFF

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This trip was intended to be the trip of a lifetime, my retirement trip. I wanted it to be unique and special and it didn’t disappoint. Residence La Ferriera is in the town of Loro Ciuffenna, in Tuscany. It is a rustic resort that is extremely well located for taking day trips. Having a car is a must but that provided a lot of flexibility on where we wanted to go. It’s an hour’s drive from Florence. Previous reviews have stated that if you are looking for a 5 star hotel experience, this may not be your best choice. While they aren’t wrong, this resort is very comfortable and had everything we could have wanted. My parents would have loved this place. This was exactly the kind of resort they sought ought on their European travels. It was part of their experience. We came too early in the season to use the lovely swimming pool but the waterfall and running water were spectacular. The air was clean and crisp and I kept my windows open at night. It was some of the best sleeping weather I have experienced traveling.

One of the reasons we picked the resort (besides a lot of very favorable reviews) was that they offered a half board meal plan (they serve both breakfast and dinner). The meals there were superb (thank you, Massamo). You didn’t have to worry about restaurant choices or not enjoying the outstanding wines there because you had to drive. And for me they took great care with my Celiacs disease and had gluten free meals for me every day. For those planning on visiting they offer cooking classes twice a week (Tuesday and Friday). We had a ball doing this. We fixed a three course meal with the Massamo (forgive me if I am not spelling it right). He went thru every detail and you get a copy of the recipes afterwards. Be forewarned - don’t eat lunch that day and plan on a late dinner as the three course meal you prepare is actually for you to eat.

The resort also has it’s own wine store and will ship wine back to the US for you should you find a wine there you can’t get back in the states. The Amarone was our favorite.

Finally, I would like to compliment them on the outstanding staff who takes care of you - Virginia, Tommaso, Simon, Grazia, Luca (I am forgetting one - the gentleman who always made our caffe lattes). These people are the ones who make this experience special.

Virginia - thank you for such a wonderful vacation. It was all I hoped it would be. We arrived back exhausted but exhilarated as we saw and did so much (day trips to Pienza, Arrezo, Montepulciano, Florence, Siena and the Castillo di Barolio). I highly recommend your resort for anyone wanting to visit Tuscany.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Jeanne, I love your words and I hope you will be back here soon. Don't forget to write me soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I exchanged through interval and had the required half board. It was well worth it to get home after a day of seeing Florence, Sienna, Venice, Pisa or Cinqueterra (all an easy day trip) to arrive back and have a wonderfully prepared dinner served 7-9pm. It saved us having to find a place to eat especially traveling with kids after a long day of travel. The food is high quality and well prepared. It includes an appetizer, first and second course as well as a dessert. They have an excellent wine selection as well. I was leery of being single sourced for food but honestly they probably did a better job of adding to my dinning experience than i would have done on my own. I still had plenty of chances during the day to try various restaurants. The breakfast is a buffet with an adequate selection and the coffee and capachino were absolutely incredible.
The Hotel is an old mill and has all of the charm that goes with that. It is on a beautiful river and has a scenic waterfall as you enter. A short walk is a typical italian town Loro Ciuffenna which has a market on monday and a few restaurants and bars.
Florence is an hour drive, Sienna is 1 hour, Pisa is 2 hours, Cinqueterra is 3 hours and Rome and venice are only 1 1/2 hour train ride from florence and innumerable small villages to explore and more vineyards than i can count. This resort is in tuscany, which as anyone who has been here knows is not an urban experience but can easily be used a a base to explore from or just enjoy then laid back atmosphere and wine tours and cooking classes. A rental car is a must to properly explore the area.
The staff were polite and helpful and provided us all the information we needed prior to arrival. I have traveled extensively and over 10 trips to various European countries and this hotel met or exceeded all expectations.

Room Tip: i stayed in a 2 br unit no complaints
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vacationwiz
RESIDENCELAFERRIERA, Proprietario at Residence La Ferriera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi dear and thank you for your words very important for us, I hope to see you again soon, don't forget nothing from Italy, Toscana Region.

Kisses
:-)

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We found the service to be Excellent! The staff was very friendly and cordial and informative about places to go and visit. Virginia lived up to the positive comments we read prior to our arrival. The location was very good we were able to visit different places within one hour or hour and a half time. The River in the facility is absolutely beautiful and the waterfall just breath taking. The food was very good, Grace and Simone our dinner waiters made our dinner experience enjoyable. In the morning for breakfast can't remember their names but the gentlemen were also super friendly and helpful whenever we asked about areas we wanted to visit or wine tasting. The breakfast is similar to a continental breakfast. The room was clean and the apartment (#19) was perfect size for our group of 4. The only suggestion we have for the apartment is perhaps a piece of furniture in the rooms to place incidentals such as cosmetics, jewelry, medicine, etc. The room facing the River next to the reception office was a bit dark, it could use some more lighting specially at night. Our overall experience in La Ferriera was WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: Room next to the Receiption office was convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

I remember very well dear your words and suggestions!!! See you again soon dear with all of your Group

:-)
Kisses

Reviewed 17 January 2018

First, I want to say we enjoyed our stay and the people are very pleasant. The location allowed us to visit numerous sites which was also nice. I loved sleeping to the sound of the waterfall there. The only negative thing I have to say was the one time we ate at the restaurant . The food was good but the portions served was the smallest I have ever seen. I paid $16 for a meal that consisted of 3 pieces of ravioli and one large shrimp. It amounted to 10 normal bites. After you pay for napkins and tablecloth it came to $2.00 a bite. Go there, just don't eat there. Just being honest.

Room Tip: We had room 12. It was nice.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Randy H

Hi Randy and ahahahahah about your message especially for the restaurant time. I hope to see you again soon dear.

Big Hug