All reviews amazing views recommend this hotel spent nights luigi villa sea terrace
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We came down to the Salerno area to do some research on the Allied landings in September 1943, and found Hotel La Colombaia in the gorgeous hills above Agropoli. Luigi runs the daily operations here and treats everyone like family. Our accommodations were awesome, the pool and view from the terrace spectacular, the flowers and floral displays beyond belief, and the food...absolutely wonderful! I know this sounds a bit superlative but this place is QUITE superlative and will not disappoint! From the time you dip in the sparkling pool through a day on the beach or at Pompeii and through the impeccable dinner....Prepare to be endulged!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrooklynSheldon
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We want to thank Luigi and his staff for a fabulous vacation at his hotel. Luigi not only drove us every where, but gave us history lessons, share personal stories, and made as feel welcomed at all times. We still talk about the dinners we had at the romantic terrace, and the view from our room. After learning that we were trying to visit my husband's grandmother's house, he made calls to the people who currently own the place (in Rome!), and took us for a personal tour: all this while a wildfire was burning the hills surrounding the hotel! We left planning our next trip to Agropoli, and we have recommended the place to friends and family. If you want to understand why Italians are the best hosts, please book a room at La Colombaia.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Colombaia for a couple of nights in May. This hotel was recommended by another friend and we have him to thank for a lovely experience. The sunsets each evening from the terrace were amazing. We were a bit disappointed when we arrived because the pool was being serviced and the restaurant was closed because there were so few guests. Luigi could not have been more helpful. He recommended a nearby restaurant (and even drove us there!) the first night and called in a chef the second night so we could enjoy dining in the lovely room by the pool. He also gave us great suggestions for places to see nearby. I cannot wait to go back there and, hopefully, stay longer and explore more of the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I have to start by saying every summer for the past 10 years I travel to Italy from New York and stay the entire month of August. I have stayed in many different B&B's hotels and motels. After My stay at La Colombaia I can assure you that I will only return there, I will never stay at a different hotel again! The staff is fabulous everyone is so kind, corteous and extremely attentive. My personal favorite was Luigi what a warm wonderful person. I really felt like I was part of a family there. The rooms are gorgeous, clean. The food is wonderfully mouth watering. The pool an amazing oasis amidst the mountains with spectacular views of the ocean. In closing I would like to say thank you once again to the staff of La Colombaia and to all people reading this I vow to only stay at La colombaia every summer from now on. Agropoli and La colombaia are superb.

Christina Mkaiki

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank georgeswife
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Fabulous time! relaxing! Agropoli is a lovely sleepy little village with much to offer. Hotel Excellent, staff excellent. We would love to go back soon.

Trish Bill
Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)