“Wedding Venue Review”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Dublin, Ireland
“Wedding Venue Review”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We got married over a month ago, on the 7th January and I wanted to share our experience in the Knightsbrook with others.
We had a fantastic day!!! The food was beautiful and plentiful, along with the wine.
The staff and service were excellent. Many of our guests remarked on how staff/service in all areas of the hotel exceeded anything they had seen before. I couldn't praise them highly enough. I really appreciated all the extra touches which were totally unexpected-they set up and decorated the function room and hallways beautifully. I was really impressed!! They surprised us with a unique top table service, a complimentary meal the following evening and so on, so on. We can't wait for our next break away there. If you are considering the Knightsbrook as a wedding venue go and have a look- you'll be won over.
A Bride& Groom with many wonderful memories:>)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosie B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Just attended my sons wedding at this hotel and it would be difficult to see how the experience could be improved.The staff--from cleaners to management-- were most attentive, friendly and caring we really felt most welcome indeed.The food was delicious and plentiful--with a very novel way to serve the top table.The rooms were especially comfortable and large, the beds huge and inviting, the decor magnificent. I would strongly recommend this hotel for weddings and quiet weekends. The rooms are on a different side to the function rooms and did'nt keep me awake on either of the two nights i spent here.
Take a very well deserved bow Knightsbrook you truly earned it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear DAVEK
Thank you for taking the time to review Knightsbrook Hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that your experience was memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Dublin
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We got married here in Oct 2008 & have returned regularly ever since. The wedding was amazing & every little detail was taken care of by the in house co-ordinator. The food was excellent, the room looked amazing, the rooms are fab & the service is great.

I have been to hundreds (well 30 anyway) of weddings since and none have been as good - some have exceeded on food but not in service or some had lovely gardens but awful food etc etc// I know I am biased but even still people comment on our wedding at Knightsbrook & many of our friends have gone on to get married there....

I have also stayed on romantic trips, family (plus 3 kids) and on girly nights and I have always found everything to be spot on. They offer great value for money and I always try to book the suite or similar room. Love the pool & had 3 massages in spa which I find to be one of the best Ive ever been to.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is Gorgeous & there are junior suites also
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear seahorse88,
Many thanks for review your stays at Knightsbrook Hotel. It is wonderful to be able to welcome back our regular guests and in particular our past Bride & Grooms!
I am delighted that you have returned on several ocassions to the hotel and that each time you return you enjoy your visits.
I look forward to welcoming you again throughout 2012.
Belfast
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Groupon Deal in January. From the moment we arrived the service was absolutely wonderful. The room was what you would expect of a 4-star; well decorated, clean, good facilities.
We ate lunch in the Terrace bar would was reasonable value for money. We went to the pool area after lunch which was clean and not overly chlorinated as some hotels can be. There were quite a few parents with children in the pool but they were well behaved so this wasn't an issue. We were particularly looking forward to the thermal spa and over all it was good - except on of the thermal rooms smelt quite badly - almost like old socks! Several of the other guests also commented. Apart from that, we were very happy with the thermal spa.
We ate in the main restaurant at dinner - if we had paid a little more notice we would have come down slightly earlier for the "early bird" menu which looked very good value.
The food was good but the service very slow. However the manger offered us a 20% discount instantly - we didn't even need to mention it.

The breakfast buffet the next month was excellent quality and again the service was wonderful from the staff.

It is obvious that all the staff pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. My husband and I regularly take mini-breaks in Ireland, and without a doubt we received the best service in the Knightsbrook Hotel compared to many other 4-star establishments.

I would seriously consider going back. Next time I will try out some spa treatments.

Overall excellent hotel, excellent staff.

Room Tip: If possible get a room overlooking the golf course at the back of the hotel. The front of the hotel...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion R
Dear Mazzamca
Thank you for your review on Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities that we have to offer here at Knightsbrook. I apologise that your experience of the Thermal Spa was not up to our usual standard - Unfortunately we did have a maintenance issue at the time you stayed but this has since been rectified.
I hope that you will return to visit Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back.
tyrone
Reviewed 19 January 2012

stayed recently for a relaxing weekend along with my sister and mother. we were upgraded to an executive suite which meant we had a good sized room with sofa and separate seating which was great. The hotel itself is lovely, loads of seating areas throughout. We ate in the terrace lounge on our first night which was lovely. And the 2nd night we ate in the restaurant, food was lovely as well but would have to say that the terrace lounge offers better value for money. We were booked in to have treatments and thermal journey experiences. I was disappointed when we arrived to check in at the spa that the spa receiptionist took quite some time to confirm that she was able to take us (even thought we have had it booked for nearly 2 months) and then didnt seem to even know what we were booked in for. We did the thermal journey first and i have to say i was slightly disappointed with this. It was lovely to have the facility to ourselves but the area which houses these facilities did not smell of freshness and salts as it is advertised, in fact i thought it smelt fusty and unpleasant - maybe a little vapour scent wouldnt go amiss here. The spa treatments themselves were excellent, my sister and i both had neck, back and shoulder massages and both were fantastic. our mother had a facial and said it was fantastic also. It was lovely to be able to sit back and relax then in the relaxation room which was adequately equipped. Overall we had a really enjoyable stay just let down slightly by a slightly disorganised and smelly thermal spa area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jacksTyrone
Dear jacksTyrone
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that your experience of the Thermal Spa was not up to our usual standard - Unfortunately we did have a maintenance issue at the time you stayed but this has since been rectified. I have also taken into account the points you raised regarding your check in at the River Spa and we endeavour to ensure this does not happen again.
I hope that you will return to stay at Knightsbrook soon and will see an improvement in these areas.
Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
1.8 km away
12.7 km away
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK