All reviewsgreat locationone nightrooms are smallpelion peninsulahotel is locatedair conditioninghome madecomfortable bedtreesquareyardrestorantjamssummervillagehomemadestuff
Reviewed 8 October 2014

I am just back from a weeks stay at this wonderful little hotel in the centre of Portaria. Prior to going I look at the pictures never expecting it to be exactly as it was portrayed.
My room on the 2nd floor had great views and contained everything I needed. Cleaned every day and news towels for use.
I cannot compliment the owner Eleni and her boys enough but also All the staff who could not have been more friendly or helpful. Nothing was to much trouble for them including bringing me up a teapot of hot water and cup every night.
The breakfast was a delight, fresh oranges to squeeze yourself, and fresh cake !! . We ate in the restaurant ever night and were never disappointed. I would go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: I had a top floor room that was perfect and my sister and brother in law had a first floor room that led onto a delightful little terrace, I would choose those rooms again
2  Thank magarwestyorkshire
Reviewed 3 October 2014

We picked the Hotel Kritsa in Portaria after reading the favourable reviews on Trip Advisor. It lived up to the billing and exceeded it. The town square of Portaria where the hotel is located was beguilingly beautiful in the autumn sunlight. The hotel gave us a very warm welcome. The staff were friendly and eager to help with any questions we had. Basically, we just followed their advice and had a series of delightful excursions - up and down the windy roads through the glorious forests of chestnut and maple, to the beaches, to Volos and to the not too distant magnificence of Meteora with its extraordinary collection of monasteries, perched in accessibly on thousand foot high rock pillars. Just a wonderful experience.

2  Thank PaulMAB
Reviewed 30 September 2014

The bad of the hotel is 2
1. I dont have internet in my room, i tell the problem to the manager she tells me to fix the problem, bat the problem never fix it.
2. The sound proof of the room its not very good.

All other thinks its very good, and most off all the restaurant she haves very good food.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 September 2014

We picked this place because it got great recommendations. well....
- very far from the beach (10km - but you can drive at 20km/hr so do the math...)
- we had to walk up 3 floors (40+ stairs, no elevator)
- the rooms were so small - we had two joint rooms (2 adults, 2 teenagers), but with one TINY bathroom (you need to stand in the shower to close the door). Very small and stuffy.

The team is really nice and trying - but we had to get away after one night, we just couldn't stand it...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OsnatH_13
Reviewed 27 September 2014

We lived at the hotel across from the restaurant, and went there for dinner. It served good food, with reasonable prices.
We had the mushooms, the special salad and a pasta, all were good.
The house wine was OK.