“Lovely food and atmosphere ”
Review of Restaurant Creta

Restaurant Creta
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Stalis
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 24
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 1994 Family Retstaurant with Traditional Greek, Cretan & International Home Cooked Specialities. Stunning Sea View overlooking the bays of Stalis, Malia and Sissy in a Relaxed Lovely Atmosphere.
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is absolutely lovely and ideally situated right near the sea. The food was stunning and freshly prepared, I would recommend the swordfish for main and meze to start however the portions are rather large. For 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 drinks the bill came to €46 which for such lovely food was a pleasant surprise!

The owner was extremely friendly and when she saw my engagement ring she gave us a free desert and glass of fizz 'just because' which was a lovely touch.

We haven't been to stalis before however will be booking for next year and most definitely will be returning to the restaurant as Mr and Mrs.

2  Thank BethanyT9488

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for dinner & lunch, George at the front was so nice & friendly and always made a point of saying hello throughout my holiday

1  Thank nataliepatx
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We booked this as a special occasion to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday and my son's 11th Birthday. We were not disappointed. Martha made us feel so welcome and what we liked about this place, apart from the superb food was the fact that you didn't have people standing outside on the road hounding you to come in. A little hidden gem, set back from the main road over looking the stunning Cretian coastline. Highly recommended

1  Thank Gazza37
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We visited after reading the reviews. I think we were just a bit unlucky as one meal was fantastic and the other (Greek plate) was not so great as two of the elements were cold. I'm not one to complain but just couldn't eat it. The staff were very pleasant and arranged a new meal 'cooked fresh', but when this arrived the same two elements were still not hot - warmer than the first time but not hot and somewhat inconsistently warm so I suspect a microwave was used. The other elements were red hot so it was a shame. Other diners' meals looked great and the staff were very friendly so I think we were just unlucky. We did intend to return to give it another try but given there are so many other good restaurants we didn't get around to it.

1  Thank ashley w
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

One of if not the best meal we had in Stalis.

From the amazing views across the horizon to the tasty meal.

I opted for the Greek plate(meze) and was yunmy.

Great Service highly recommend