“Great potentials - lose points in cleanliness and maintenance”

Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa & Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kamena Vourla
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Location and facilities are great.Food in variety and quality was very good.We stayed in the mezzo room where it was obvious that renovation was not finished. There were two led TV sets one upstairs and one downstairs but the remote was giving orders to both of them at the same time. The glasses on the floor showing rooms number were broken. Cleanliness is not good and we got fungus both with my wife. Something has to be improved..

Room Tip: Ask room with sea view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa & Resort

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Fantastic value holiday in lovely Kamena Vourla. Great staff, great location, great rooms and good food. All in all a good time had by all. This was all topped off by the fantastic outside thermal healing pool, which I had mostly to myself. What a luxury floating in the pool looking up to the soothing mountains.

Room Tip: 1st floor with sea view - rooms 276,274,272 etc
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank markbeech2016
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The worst "5 stars" hotel I have ever stayed. All they care is to make money of you for 1 time. They charge everything without telling you. The rooms are like a 3 star hotel. Generally one of the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Tsaouf
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We booked this holiday via Wowcher and had a terrible experience with the company that sorted everything out. By the time all is said and done with all the extras etc the cost of the holiday came to about £500.pp for 7 nights (6 actual days) all inclusive. I would highly recommend not to book this holiday through wowcher or use clearsky travel due to the absolute hassle it had been. But this is NOT a reflection on the Hotel and does not form part of the rating but they still offer packages through wowcher so this is about the experience as a whole.

The hotel is a 2 hour drive from the airport and there are tolls to pay so be careful if you rent a car as the costs mount up (We rented a car but another pair had to get a taxi at 200 euros as they didn't book a transfer).

We arrived and the staff were very friendly. In fact we have found the staff to be very pleasing throughout and they are very helpful! I would give the staff 5 stars and thats part of the reason for the 2 star review, i'd probably go up to 2.5 because of the people but thats being generous as there are other aspects that hugely let this place down.

The Rooms..... please look at the photos as we find them highly accurate of the damage and dated feel that currently exists in the hotel at the time of this review (I'm currently here writing this and finding it hard to see ALL of the photos due to the slow wifi speed but the ones I saw of the room depict it well). We complained on day 1 that the room has a musky damp smell, there is wallpaper coming off the walls, plaster blowing (trade term) and coming off the walls. Pictures not properly hung so are wonky (ok not a big deal but no where near 5*!). We asked if there was a room that was maybe in a better state of repair and we were shown two other rooms.... exactly the same! The staff were great but did seem embarrassed by our complaint as they had obviously heard this before.

The Spa..... if I had to describe it in one word it would be..... OVERPRICED. But then again if you want a massage and are willing to pay the fees it works for them and you! I'm not poor by any means, nor rich but am comfortable and like to get the occasional spa treatment back home. The spa looks lovely and we used the Thermal Spring pools. I'm in two minds as to whether I would actually pay to use it again as we were able to use it free for 20mins as the outside thermal pool was being refilled. The spa manager was not too friendly and was not going to negotiate on anything. I was trying to set up a package for my girlfriend (this holiday is to help us both relax as we've had a tough few months and we're currently caring for her terminally ill mother so this was supposed to be a relaxing break).

The General Manager was friendly as was more then happy to meet with us and was keen to get feedback to see how he could improve things. He has only been here a short while and has apparently managed to change things for the better in the hotel but loads still needs improving. The place is massive so I understand it takes a while to update/upgrade but the 5* should be changed until this has happened. He clearly is great at hiring and training as again the people were great! however when we told him our experience he offered a 10% discount off at the spa if we spend over 50 euros. He also said he would see what he could do about the room. Over the next two days we were wondering when we would be contacted about possibly moving rooms but when I asked him about it two days later he admitted all the rooms were the same and reminded me that they had already showed us two alternatives. He has great presence around the hotel and is very visible to guests and always greets you as you walk by so thank you for doing all you can Nikolaos!

The food was OK at best. They have served Gyros very rarely which is disappointing. The pizza was decent as it was cooked in a big pizza oven but when I compare the food here to the food at an actual 5* hotel we stayed at last year in Kos it's a 1* all day long. If you do come here then the best Gyros are served down the road, out of the hotel and turn left, plenty of places to eat at and it was a place with blue signage! The cost is 2.20 Euro and is well worth the short walk!!

DO NOT USE THE MINIBAR IN THE ROOM, unless of course you're happy to pay!! The drinks are about 4 Euro each even when they're free at the bar! Bottled Water is extra too but you can have filtered tap water free. A mother and Daughter staying here had no idea about the charges and have been enjoying the beverages provided for the in the minibar! I hope they don't end up with a huge bill!

The views from the hotel are beautiful and it's situated right next to a mountain behind it which is breathtaking!!!!

We have found the hotel to be relatively clean and tidy but again the musky smell in the rooms give a slight perception of dirtiness and as the rooms are so dated with wallpaper peeling it feels dirty.

This hotel will be a 5* hotel if the rooms are upgraded, food is better, bottled water provided and the spa pools accessible free of charge.

I'm not a huge drinker but did drink on one night, the booze seem to be watered down/poor quality but this is something you would probably expect on an all inclusive holiday! This comment also does not form part of the rating as it's not something I came here for!

Unfortunately the weather has been bad for a couple of days which is obviously no reflection the hotel but we had to stay in the rooms (not nice) or at the bar (you can smoke inside, great for my partner, not great for me). Because of the bad weather the General Manager organised a pianist to play in the evening. There was a big gran piano in the lobby so imagine my surprise when a gentleman tuned up with an electronic keyboard. To be honest this was probably the highlight of my trip as I was eagerly waiting for hm to accidentally press the "DJ" button on switch it to a range of police sirens by mistake!

I hope they continue to upgrade the hotel to make it the 5* they claim it to be!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben E
Reviewed 19 May 2017

lovely hotel food great although not always kept hot staff fantastic and very helpful rooms spotless and spacious ideal quiet chill out break as not a lot going on in local area but still very nice only concern is the state of the out door thermal pool as it has a lot of damaged panels and tiles plus broken or missing under water lights resulting in me ending up in hospital with multiple stitches in my knee and not a first aid kit to be found so beware the main pool is excellent overall a beautiful hotel just don't try to get a drink after 11 as all inc stops then and water is not included anyway

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Boutique Hotel Skamnos
#1 of 11 in Arachova
24.4 km away
Thermae Sylla Spa & Wellness Hotel

Been to Mitsis Galini Wellness Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK