2 people are viewing this hotel
$118
Free cancellation until 25/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$112
Hotels.com
$112
Travelocity$112
Priceline$124
Trip.com$118
All reviews cloud forest night walk original canopy zip line walking trails costa rica nature lovers extra blankets rooms are basic room was large breakfast was included recommend this place feeders wildlife wilberth town guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2022

I thought this place was wonderful, and to me, it really comes from the wonderful staff. Extremely helpful and nice. When I arrived, I did my check-in, and Vanesa at the front desk gave me a map of the place and explained what was where and the times food was available, etc. My breakfast was included (choice of 3, you don't have to eat the same one each morning, you can change your choice, but I'd recommend to at least try the Tradicional).
I've been wanting to go bungee jumping for years and I knew it was an activity that was offered in Monteverde, so I asked Vanesa if she knew of a good place, and she instantly recommended Extremo. She called them up for me, and within the next hour and a half, I was on the way to my 1st adventure in Monteverde! And it was one of the best adventures ever! While I was there I also did the Tarzan Swing.
At the hotel, they offer a night walk that needs to be reserved about a couple of hours before the start, and since I wasn't sure how long the bungee jumping was going to take, I didn't make a reservation, but I got back a few minutes before and they allowed me to go. I highly recommend it. The guide is extremely knowledgeable and it was great learning from him.
After the walk, I decided to have dinner at the hotel. I had a simple veggie soup and grilled fish with palmito (hearts of palm). Yumm!
The next day, I went to the Natural Reserve and then in the afternoon I went ziplining at Sky Adventures and also did the Sky Walk there. Got back to the hotel late again so decided to have dinner there once more. I had the veggie soup again (simple but delicious) and chicken with a salsa criolla. It wasn't what I was expecting, it was very tomatoey, which I typically don't like, but this was actually good.
Anyway! I recommend this place. I know they also offer ziplining and there are some trails to explore, but I didn't get to stay long enough to explore it all. I didn't see any luxurious hotels in the area, so if that's what you're looking for, maybe Monteverde isn't for you, but if you want to enjoy nature and be relaxed, and deal with wonderful people, then you'll love it here :)

Date of stay: May 2022
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Thank you very much for your visit, for your comment so detailed, we are really glad to know that you felt well received and cared for, all our staff strives to give the best of each one of us, we hope that one day you can return and that stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

The cabins are nice. They’re spacious and well-equipped. There was a coffee maker and coffee. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Great birdwatching area. There were trails on site. Pickup can be arranged for activities. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt well received, we hope you will come back soon and stay with us again

Reviewed 24 April 2022

Visited as part of a tour and this hotel was among my favourites Although not quite high enough for the true cloud forest it is a lovely peaceful place with beautiful gardens and several walking trails. The birdlife is plentiful and hummingbirds, tanagers and honeycreepers are among many species visiting the feeders which can be viewed from the restaurant building. Although our group visited Santa Elena National park I found it rather too busy and actually preferred walking around the hotel and birdwatching. The hotel is quite remote from the town , which was not a problem because one doesn't come here for nightlife. Rooms and food were both good.

Date of stay: March 2022
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Thank you for your visit and comment, our commitment is based on offering all visitors a different place, where we strive to offer all possible comforts and we are glad that you have enjoyed it, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we hope that one day they can come back and stay with us again

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

Lovely grounds and being so near the forest and it’s wildlife was great, but the stay was totally ruined by the lack of privacy and constant noise from the adjoining room. There is literally no sound proofing at all and you hear everything through a wooden screen that separates them. Music playing, loud talking a screaming child all night was just awful. If the hotel refuse to invest in proper walls, they could at least put up signs and encourage their guests to keep the noise down during checkin.

Room tip: Bring ear plugs
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Thank you very much for the visit and for leaving us your comment, first of all we are glad that you liked the hotel, its gardeners and the general environment. I apologize for the bad experience of the noise generated by the clients who were in the next room, we accept that the walls are not as insulating as we would like and that some clients, very few indeed, generate a noise that can exceed the standard. We want to solve this problem at some point, we are sorry that they told us at the time it happened to them, we would have talked to the neighbors or we would have changed their room as we have done in the past. We always tell customers when they enter that if they need anything, whatever they are, they should tell us so we can help them.

Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

Lovely surroundings and very friendly staff. The rooms are clean and adequate however the squeaky beds interrupted what could have been a good nights sleep. The temperature drops in the evening and it can get quite windy so pyjamas are a must. The hotel breakfast and main meals were disappointing and on the expensive side but the lunches and milkshakes were great ! During busy periods the staff in the restaurant could have done with more support, they were working hard but just not enough staff to support the volume of guests. Only coffee makers in the rooms so if you love your tea I would bring a travel kettle and your own teabags! Overall a pleasant place to stay whilst exploring the local area.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

We sincerely appreciate your visit and the one who left us your comment, we are glad to receive the comments that the guests leave us, as for the first lines we are glad that you liked the hotel and the service provided by our collaborators. In our simplicity of hotel, the dedication that each one makes always prevails so that the clients can have a nice experience, at the time of check in we tell our visitors that we are here to serve them and help them in everything that is within our reach, let us know what you need, it's a shame they didn't tell us about the problem with the bed, being responsible I think we managed the right staff, but if we want to recognize that this Easter, it was totally atypical and many people came to us thank God and most of them They showed up to the restaurant at the same time. We apologize for any unforeseen events that occurred to us.