Its a cute little bed and breakfast place. Its a family-run house with the rooms opening up to a common TV and dining area. The view from the deck is AWESOME, but the room doesn't open up to the deck (the entrance is from the kitchen). The people barely speak english, but they are pretty helpful and friendly. Elisa, the owner, cooked breakfast to order (scrambled eggs and toast) and served tea and OJ. She also helped us book a tour and allowed us to checkout late since our tour finished in the late afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Orquideas is owned and operated by a local Tico family that lived in U.S. for 29 years. We are located at the entrance of the Monteverde area, only 300 meters from the small town of Santa Elena, the commercial center of Monteverde, as you drive in from the Pan-American Highway. Here you will find unique, breathtaking views of the local waterfalls right out back with a private trail. The Tilaran mountain range where both, the Santa Elena and Monteverde Cloud Forest reserves are located, the Ecological Sanctuary, the San Luis Valley and the spectacular Gulf of Nicoya, all at one location. All rooms equipped with large windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Monteverde and the surrounding areas. We have two styles of rooms, rustic and modern. Beds are outfitted with therapeutic mattresses and hypo-allergenic sheets and comforters. Breakfasts are prepared and served right before your eyes. Come and visit us and feel like being on vacation in the comfort of your own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Orquideas Santa Elena
- Las Orquideas Hotel Santa Elena
- Hotel Las Orquideas Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena