Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$43
CheapTickets$43
Orbitz.com$43
Travelocity$43
Trip.com$43
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

When where surprised with this place!! From the pictures we weren't really convinced but once we arrived we where very well treated. It's a very cozy space with a super laid back environment. And all the staff was super helpful and facilitated an amazing zip line experience even though it was for the next day and we arrived at 10pm

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2021

This place has such wonderful vibes! I stayed here for a little over a week and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to stay here. The owners, staff, and even guests were so friendly. I instantly felt like part of a family. The team managing the front desk and check-in were awesome! Super knowledgeable and always welcoming you with a smile. They had resources and answers for all of my questions and needs. The room was very clean, the kitchen was well stocked, and you can't beat the location or the price. I highly recommend this spot for anyone passing through Monteverde for short or long stays.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

I stayed two nights at Pension Santa Elena; even though I booked the single room at the last minute it was still marked down to $11 a night! It has a wonderful backyard with tables were people can sit outside on the wonderful Santa Lina days. The reception area is also very welcoming, and all the staff are great people. I can’t recommend this place highly enough.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 6 January 2021

At the end of December 2020, I spent 6 nights at Pension Santa Elena and I will never forget my stay there! Thanks to the pension team, I had such a good time. I'm sincerely grateful to you for that! I hope that I can come back to Monteverde asap and stay again in the wonderful pension.
And they sell very very good ice creme too there!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 27 March 2020 via mobile

Endless positives for Pension Santa Elena! I came across this place by chance while walking round tiny Santa Elena - a perfectly positioned village for exploring Monteverde and the surrounding parks, but lacking in welcoming or affordable places to sit and have a coffee or an ice cream (depending on the weather!). I was welcomed by probably the most genuinely warm-hearted and friendly pension/hostel staff person I’ve ever met, she was genuinely lovely. It’s probably the nicest accommodation in town, and maybe also (or close to) the cheapest. Its got a shared kitchen - a massive bonus in pricey Monteverde, and a room for eating/hanging out. The little touches are also great and reflect the caring side of the owners - free tea/coffee (can’t be underestimated here: Monteverde gets cold at night!), and a water fountain outside for refilling water bottles. Great breakfast too, and they make ice cream :) Pension Santa Elena is right in the village centre, seconds from the bus to the cloud forest. There are a few more hostels within easy reach of the bus but - as I learned from experience - not a patch on this place.

Date of stay: March 2020