Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$ 43
Orbitz.comUS$ 43
TravelocityUS$ 43
CheapTicketsUS$ 43
Trip.comUS$ 43
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021

At the end of December 2020, I spent 6 nights at Pension Santa Elena and I will never forget my stay there! Thanks to the pension team, I had such a good time. I'm sincerely grateful to you for that! I hope that I can come back to Monteverde asap and stay again in the wonderful pension.
And they sell very very good ice creme too there!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 27 March 2020 via mobile

Endless positives for Pension Santa Elena! I came across this place by chance while walking round tiny Santa Elena - a perfectly positioned village for exploring Monteverde and the surrounding parks, but lacking in welcoming or affordable places to sit and have a coffee or an ice cream (depending on the weather!). I was welcomed by probably the most genuinely warm-hearted and friendly pension/hostel staff person I’ve ever met, she was genuinely lovely. It’s probably the nicest accommodation in town, and maybe also (or close to) the cheapest. Its got a shared kitchen - a massive bonus in pricey Monteverde, and a room for eating/hanging out. The little touches are also great and reflect the caring side of the owners - free tea/coffee (can’t be underestimated here: Monteverde gets cold at night!), and a water fountain outside for refilling water bottles. Great breakfast too, and they make ice cream :) Pension Santa Elena is right in the village centre, seconds from the bus to the cloud forest. There are a few more hostels within easy reach of the bus but - as I learned from experience - not a patch on this place.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

I LOVED everything about this property. My room was decorated with bright colors and a fun flower chandelier light. The bed was extremely comfortable. My room had a private bathroom with a stone shower. Breakfast was included and cooked to order every morning. There was complimentary coffee and tea available at all times. A wonderful fully equipped kitchen was at your disposal to cook your lunches and dinners. Michael, one of the front desk staff, was extremely thoughtful and carried my suitcase up to my room. The reception staff was always there to answer questions, help with problems and/or assist with tour or transfer reservations. A calm and serene place to chill and enjoy the beautiful sounds of nature. I’ll definitely be back!!
*If you work remotely, the WiFi here is not strong enough and has an intermittent signal.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020

My son and wife stayed here 10 years ago. They returned with their Moms. I am mom to Chuck. We had a wonderful stay. Nina greeted us and filled us in on what to do while in the area. She booked tour with Michael to see birds in Monteverde.Curi Cancha Reserve was second tour with Michael. He was terrific guide. Everyone we met (staff and other guests were lovely). Breakfasts were delicious and we ate several meals at Taco taco(yummy food and drinks). The location is great and rooms were nice. Serpentarium and orchid garden almost next door. Ryan was helpful and fun. Nice for all the met the owners. Michael(who staffed front desk) was super friendly and fun to talk with on our last night. I know I am leaving folks out. There were so many all all were terrific. Best wishes to all how made our time there wonderful. Hugs to all from California.

Room tip: We were in handicap room which is by street but very quiet at night. Room was large with huge bath.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 5 February 2020

While the room was great (at a great price!), with plenty of beds and a really interesting natural rock-tiled shower, the real star of the show was the customer service the Pension Santa Elena offered.

When we arrived, a young lady at the front desk checked us in and promptly became our de facto concierge when we asked for some advice on setting up excursions. We had a limited time in Monteverde, and she immediately hopped on the phone to book multiple activities for us. Her knowledge of scheduling was top-notch and it's only thanks to her that we were able to completely maximize our time. She even gave us great food recommendations too.

Next, the breakfast service was excellent. Our group opted for the breakfast soft tacos, and a delicious and healthy blend of eggs, vegetables, and salsa was the perfect pre-hike meal. Finally, the staff was wonderful about storing our luggage in a secured and locked cage area after checkout while we waited for our car, so we could go out and explore the town some more. I can't recommend this place enough.

Date of stay: March 2019