6,445 results
All reviewsunderground walkwayswim up barexecutive roomnext morningan early flightchecking innovotel bangkokbusiness centerbreakfast buffetfive minutesbetween flightsthai restaurantfree shuttlearrivals hallstayed one nightan overnight stayshuttle service
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel previously and decided to stay once again for a one night prior to my flight to Hong Kong. There is a hotel transportation form the airport that only takes around 5 minutes from airport to the hotel. The hotel could not be more conveniently located and it was only build in 2009, so it is nice modern hotel. Maybe little bit pricy, but worth it. The hotel caters 24h travelers with late/early breakfast and bars and restaurants that are open. The swimming pool area is also very nice.

The check in was slow and I was surprise that hotel decided to motion a male customer who was wearing a suit, who was waiting in line behind me, to be served before myself. (I was traveling in smart holiday wear) I had a brief discussion with the male customer and he was also very surprised why the hotel decided to act this way, as it was his first time staying in the hotel. We both asked the receptionist why she this has happened and she just ignored both of us and insisted check in the male customer first. Not the greatest customer service.

Finally after the check in, I got a room on the fifth floor that was very far away from the lifts and I had to walk around good 5 minutes to reach the room. The room was very cold and I had some trouble turning down the aircon. The bed was kingside with number of pillows to choose from. The room service was fast and reasonable priced.

Internet was not included in the price.

Check out was faster, but I had to wait my luggage to be brought down stairs for a while.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveller1977
QualityMgr, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay.

We hope you can accept our apologies for the service received from our front office staff. Your comments will certainly contribute to the never ending battle for quality and training. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we would very much appreciate if you could extend an opportunity to serve you in the near future and to showcase the improvements made by our associates.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here before an early-ish flight from Bangkok, not wishing to risk getting a taxi very early in the morning.

The hotel is a large hotel with rooms arranged around a large central atrium. Check-in was swift, and the room was a good size. The bed was comfortable. I didn't get any airport noise at all, not sure if that's because of the side of the hotel I was on, or whatever. Bathroom was large and clean. There's a safe in the room, and (chargeable) WiFi. It's not so amazing, but convenient, clean and modern.

The passageway from hotel to airport is out of a glass door at the rear of the hotel behind reception, in the left or right corners, a short 5 metre outside but covered walk to another glass door, then down either a flight of stairs or a ramp. This takes you into a passageway past the Airport Express station and into the airport proper.

If you come from the airport, walk towards the Airport Express station, but skirt by it on the left (maybe right works too?). The passageway contains half-finished shop units in some places, but after a few minutes you'll see a sign for the Novotel ahead, just after you pass by the Thai Smile LCC offices on the left. You might get airport staff asking where you're going as they don't always seem to know about that way to the hotel. Up the stairs/ramp and you're there. About 5 mins walk airport to hotel.

Room Tip: Probably choose a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mjb1001

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us!

I will share your comments with our team and we look forward to welcome you for your next visit here in BKK.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the day rate so that our daughter could have a nap prior to our long haul flight. The price for the day room was high, but we were happy with the facilities - as I say, it is like any other Novotel I've visited around the world - but with a fancier lobby! Nice pool. Good gym. Didn't eat at the hotel as its a very easy walk across to the airport for far cheaper eating options and supplies during the day. Handy to have the shuttle service across to the departures. In short, while it was a tad pricey, it was a far better option that handging around in Bangkok or waiting at the airport with a tired toddler! They need to sort out the wi-fi issues with the airport.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are more than happy to know that your location and hotel facilities are served you and your family needs.

Our team is looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here twice over the course of two weeks in July (my son and I). For the price you can get hotels in Bangkok, this is considerably expense (we paid $140 for the room and breakfast). Beautiful property. Awesome pool and gym, but the rooms are only OK. I would probably stay here again. Customer service is very good and you cannot beat proximity to the airport if you are flying out of Bangkok (as we were).

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the 4th floor better than the 5th floor.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My two children and I stayed two nights here recently transiting through the Bangkok airport, and had a lovely stay. The hotel is very clean and quiet (nice for an airport hotel), quick and easy to get to and from the airport, and the service was amazing! We had a room on the 5th (top) floor that opened to the pool courtyard.

Our booking was originally for one night, but do to a flight change, we had to add an extra night, and discovered it would require a separate booking. Upon check-in, they extended our "better" booking for an Executive level room for both nights, which was nice. The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was large and well-equipped.

Someone checked into the room next to us very late on the second night - but we never heard them. I only knew they were there because I could see the light come on under the door (they were adjoining rooms).

Since we arrived around 7:00pm, we took advantage of the Happy Hour menu - and discovered it was quite adequate for a light dinner, and had a good variety of food and drink choices. Since we had an extra day we hadn't originally planned on, we spent it by the pool which was a great experience. The pool was warm, but not too warm, and my girls spent most of the day swimming and playing without getting too cold. They loved the swim-up bar and the lunch we ordered there was good and served quickly.

The breakfast buffet is extensive, with lots of good choices, both Asian and Western. We also tried the dinner buffet our second night - and while it is expensive, their policy of young children eating free (one of mine) helped defray that cost and their choices were also extensive and varied.

All of the staff we interacted with were unfailingly polite and helpful, warm and welcoming. It really was a lovely place to relax between long flights - enough that I might plan it into our next Asian excursion!

Room Tip: The rooms that face the inner courtyards (especially the pool courtyard) appear to be quieter than the outside-facing rooms. They appear to upgrade people often (reading the reviews), so ask if they will upgrade you to an executive-level room. The benefits that come with that are very nice.