All reviews palm trees beautiful garden the main road staying beach
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

What a surprise! A gorgeous boutique hotel down a small lane off the main road. Very new hotel with beautifully decorated rooms with a lush outdoor bathroom! A large comfortable bed with lovely cotton bedding. A small terrace at the front of the room looking out into a jungle setting. The pool was set in palm trees and was so nice. Such amazing value for money too at around £40/night. Such a little gem!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I spent 4 nights in this hotel and I did really enjoy my staying here. It is a very quiet and peaceful place, simple but very cozy room with a beautiful garden. I love to have breakfast there when i could hear birds singing, cool breeze, green garden. It is even like a small forest as there are 3 reptiles and even a small monkey climbing up the big trees. The staff said that those animals are just living around and move from this house to another, freely. Everything in the room is very clean and I also like partly open bathroom. It is just 3 minutes walking to the beach where I had sunbathing and great food there. It is also very close to bus station, just 5 minutes walk, so we took bus to Galle for 1 day. The beach there is so nice with quite big waves, so it is great if you like surfing.
The staff there is very nice and enthusiastic, even their English is just moderate. Just 1 thing to remind you about mosquitos in the garden, so you should take mosquitos prevention cream.
In general, I was satisfied with this hotel and I will come back in another chance

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

A very nice place to spend a couple of nights. The location is the main advantage as its not in Unawatuna centre, meaning you are able to relax. Room with a/c and toilet are nice. Food was delicious, we only had breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and occupied 3 of the 4 rooms (6 people). We had the place for ourselves the whole time. Aurora guesthouse is located around 150 m from the main road and surrounded by a wall so it's very quiet and you don't hear the road. Its around 200 m to the beach.

The room is simple but clean and the bathroom is so nice! It's located outside so you can take your morning shower accompanied by birdsong. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The food is amazing. We asked them to make some curries and every time we ate there they made new ones. It's been the best curries we had so far in Sri Lanka!

Overall I would really recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

Very nice staff, the place is clean modern and quiet, just a bit far of the centre. You hear the birds when you have a shower and in the morning, the bed was amazing and on your arrival they give you a juice and a lovelly smile!

Date of stay: January 2015