“Overpriced and grimy”

and 1 more site!
Sunshine Residency
Ranked #52 of 125 Noida B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I had a room booked at this hotel for a week, but stayed only one night, forfeiting the cost of my booking. The main reason for my departure was that the air conditioner in the room was moldy and triggered my allergies, so I could not stay longer.

Grimy Room
The room itself was grimy. The “white” towels were gray. The one bed sheet had a small hole in it. There was just an under sheet and no sheet to actually sleep under. Everything in the room looked dingy and was uncomfortable.

Great Service
The service in the hotel was great. Whenever I ordered room service my food came surprisingly quickly. The food was decent and cheap.

When I told them I was leaving the hotel because of allergies, they said they could not refund my fee because it was booked through a third party, but they did comp me for my food and laundry. They were genuinely apologetic and concerned.

Bad Location
While the hotel is in the Noida business district, it is in a residential area. If you are driving yourself that is OK, but you cannot easily get a taxi or rickshaw near the hotel and there are no restaurants in the area.

Poor Value for Money
I spent about US $60 for the hotel. When I left I went to the Noida Park Plaza. The Park Plaza cost twice as much per night, but was in a totally different quality league: an upscale hotel by US standards with large, well-appointed and spotlessly-clean rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank dm4man

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My stay at Sunshine residency was awesome with the hospitality of the staff. They also very kindly availed their basement for our activities as we stayed there for 2 weeks. Room service was also promptly provided, and whenever we needed help the staff were prompt to assist. Furthermore, the staff were very much like our family, communicating with us in a very friendly way. The food provided was could perhaps open up to more varieties.

Room Tip: Find a room near the reception as the wifi is better there!
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My stay was during feb in 2011 when i was returing from Thailand(Honeymoon) trip.I appreciated the servce they offered according the money they charged.Room was cleaned. Hotel staff was supportive. I liked the vegiterian food provided by hotel.They also provide the taxi services to guest.Hotel location is good so connectivity is not a issue. This hotel is good for working people. There was wifi connectivity for internet access. They also have 24 Hour power backup.

Room Tip: Choose a room whihc have balcony for good
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manoj_agrl
Reviewed 22 January 2012

It was really wonderful staying at Sunshine Residency over the 2 weeks that my friends and I were in Noida :) The hospitality and warmth that all the staff showed us throughout the 17 days was very heartwarming and made all of us feel at home :) All the staff are very friendly and helpful and they would always interact with us and would always be willing to go the extra mile to help us at any time of the day and to ensure that we are well taken care of. It really touched my heart that they were always so understanding and accommodating to our requests and preferences. It was because of their patience, understanding, warmth and friendliness that we did not feel homesick and we really enjoyed every moment in India! :) I feel very thankful to have stayed in Sunshine and to get to know the wonderful staff there! :) The staff at Sunshine have made this entire experience a very memorable one for me and I really want to express my deepest gratitude to them for everything :) Thank you so much for everything!! :) I will definitely go back to Sunshine the next time I visit Noida! :) :) :)

3  Thank shaminpraimkumar
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Sunshine provides a very hospitable service, with comfortable rooms well equipped with a television, a bed and a closet for our clothes. There was room service every single day, thus one can be assured that the room, as well as the bed sheets, comforters, pillow sheets etc are always neat and clean. The food that they prepared for us were delicious, the chef really cook the best Indian cuisine I've ever tasted. The staff were friendly and often joked and laughed with us, and they were sporting enough to join us in our dances as well. They also offer cab services and they have the best drivers who will ensure that we will get to our destination within the shortest possible time and safely. There was also free wireless which we can tap on to surf the net or make overseas call through wi-fi. Everything was perfect throughout our 18 days stay at Sunshine, and I definitely felt at home there.

2  Thank nadcutedevil