All reviews safari lodge murchison falls gets hot game drive starts the river stayed nights your doorstep boiled eggs good size rainy season reception area swimming pool wake up restaurant staff every morning perfect location herd of elephants
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Saying that Pakuba lodge was worth a try would be a big understatement - although we spent only two nights at the place we got our money‘s worth!
Not only did we see so many different animals in their free habitat on our way to the lodge before even attending our first game drive (you should definitely still consider booking a game drive of course!), the staff also was very professional and acommodating.

All in all we did enjoy our stay there whether out in the park or back at the lodge in the pool or at the bar. And as it’s basically directly in the jungle you have the pretty unique experience of animals of all kinds coming very close to the place!
I won’t even start talking about the food or the rooms, ’cause of course they were excellent!

10/10 would come again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

The staff is wonderful and our guide, Richard, was amazing. The rooms are clean and big. It’s Africa, so it’s not luxury, but you are so close to the wildlife and couple days without all the comforts we are used to was no big deal. We saw all the animals and were treated warmly by the staff!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We stayed in Pakuba Lodge for three nights and really liked it!

It is in the middle of the park and you have a beautiful view on the Nile and the nature.

It's very quiet and very beautiful. Beautiful and clean room with good mosquito nets, aircon in some rooms, a fan if it ever gets hot, a nice pool, excellent food and wonderful staff. We had problems in one room with the power supply and the aircon not working properly.

We liked the most about it was the location. You take the ferry and then you have to drive about 35 minutes into the park until you reach it. This means that even on the day of just arriving or leaving you have a 10-20 minutes drive to start seeing game (or less as there was a large group of giraffes right behind the lodge when we arrive) and no worries about waiting for the ferry to start or stop at night.

If you like being close to nature and the wildlife go there. The sundowners cannot be matched in Murchison Falls NP>

Room Tip: Ask for a room fronting the river with aircon.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I spent 3 days, 2 nights at Pakuba Safari Lodge just a few days ago. I must say this lodge more like a resort has friendly professional staff. I love seeing hospitality staff with a smile on their face. Upon arrival all was perfect. My double-bed suite was superb. It was designed with every detail and utter elegance. They thought of everything.

My favorite thing was the fancy mosquito nets and the bathroom decor. Pillows were soft which is always a plus for my peaceful sleep. There is complete order on the compound. I was briefed upon check-in, this made everything easier. Wi-Fi works in the main lounge/bar/reception area.

The restaurant is nice and they were on time with meals. The buffet style meals were so delicious and plenty options to choose from. The gift/craft shop is full of really cool stuff... like a lot of it. Its so colorful when you walk in there.

There is so much to praise here... although I did not swim because of an injury I received weeks pass, the pool looked so tempting. I plan to return soon and finish my safari experience. Since I was only there for 2 days I had time to relax(which was most important to me) and I did a very cool morning game drive.

I woke up for an early breakfast both mornings and saw several giraffes, a families of baboons, and gazelles surrounding the front of the compound. How exciting of an experience!!!

That was my 5-star experience at Pakuba Safari Lodge. I will share more when I plan my one week stay soon. Kudos to the staff!

The lodge is inside of the ever beautiful Murchison Falls National Park!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The staff was amazing. The goodness ends there. The rooms are not well lit the decor makes you feel like you are staying in a cheap motor lodge. The food was a horrible buffet. They advertise wifi, but THERE IS NO WIFI not even in the lobby.

Room Tip: none, I would not recommend this lodge
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo