“Quiet retreat in a beautiful setting!”
other travellers have booked this property
Panoramic ocean view from my lanai
Beautiful view of mountains looking to the left from my lanai Entrance to the condo with 'Welcome' sign
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Panoramic ocean view from my lanai
Beautiful view of mountains looking to the left from my lanai
Entrance to the condo with 'Welcome' sign
Comfy living room area w/32' flat screen TV w/blue ray DVD
Living room with queen size sofabed, chair w.ottoman, & panoramic views
view of living room/dining room area
Bedroom with queen size pillow top mattress feels like you are sleeping in the clouds
another shot of bedroom
this is the view that you wake up to each morning
Full kitchen with stove, microwave, coffeee maker, toatster, dishes, pots & pans, utensils, etc.
dressing room area w/one closet for your belongings and another filled w/beach gear for you to use
Remodeled bathroom
elegant travertine tiled shower with oil rubbed bronze fixtures
bistro set on the lanai to enjoy the wonderful view
view of the Makaha Valley Towers complex
entrance to Makaha Valley Towers
24/7 security
view of swimming pool from my 16th floor lanai
Swimming pool entrance
Beautiful HEATED pool for your use
Like to barbeque?? Community BBQ area with 6 gas grills for your use
BBQ area tables
Sunset view from lanai
night view from lanai
view from front door
view from front door after HEAVY rainfall (rare)
makaha beach. My favorite beach on Oahu
more makaha beach
Sunset photo at Makaha Beach
Tutle photo from Makaha Beach
Peacock photo on the grounds of Makaha Valley Plantation
saw this little fella on my hike to Kaena Point
hang loose & relax says the owner
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Librarian...
Omaha, Nebraska
“Quiet retreat in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed 15 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My daughter and I stayed in this beautiful condo for a week. We were impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. We loved the separate dressing area and the HUGE bathroom with plenty of soft towels. The bed truly is super soft and there is a sliding wall panel if you need to partially separate the bedroom from living room. There are also curtains, not shown in his pics, so no worries about being on display or too much sun. LvngRm furniture was comfy but mattress in fold out couch is spring-y and not so comfy. The separate single bed unit in closet is foam mattress. Prob. better, but we ended up sharing the main bed in the end.
So many little things were available in the condo that most people take for granted in their own homes, like cotton balls or aluminum foil. Of course, the owner stays here and probably has this on hand for himself. I took the pay it forward approach as I used 2 pieces of foil and some paper plates, but I left storage bags, salt/pepper, pancake mix and bottled water. We also left bottles of suntan lotion for the next visitors (oxybenzone free!). The nice set of pots and pans, appliances like slow cooker and blender, aren't visible, but are just many of the items that help this really feel like a home. We also used the grill area twice. They are cleaned by the grounds crew each day! Nothing gross lurking on those grates. There is even a small sink and trashcan in the grill area to facilitate clean up. The pool was clean, comfortable temp and had a nearby shower for rinsing (cold water warning!) Gosh, I could go on and on about this place and its many benefits but most can be found in other reviews. The only quote/quote warning I will give you is that we had a rental car and drove ourselves all over the island. It is a solid 10-15 min drive to the supermarket in Nanakuli, 20 mins to Waianae and 25-30 mins to Ko Olina one way. The trade off is the quiet of the countryside verses the constant traffic (which most drivers follow the Hawaii 5to20-Over attitude regarding driving speeds) and crowded beaches. Don't want to drive? The Bus (check website for specifics) literally has a stop right outside the security gates for the condo. They run very frequently from before sun-up to well after sun down (maybe 10pm?). Thanks to Scott and his wife for sharing their home with us! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Gonnasurf...
“"Amazing View Penthouse"”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I can't thank Scott and his wife enough for sharing their amazing unit with me and my friend. It had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The best part was the amazing views, front and back!!! I would highly recommend to anyone unless you had a fear of heights. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to stay again!!!

Your age range 50-64
Doug V
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Very nice, comfortable condo with a beautiful view”
Reviewed 5 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed on the 16th floor, overlooking the pool, the valley and best of all the ocean in the background. Nearby Makaha beach was our favorite beach.
We appreciated having security at the condo. The landscaping was beautiful, with different colored flowers and trees. Christmas lights wrapped around trunks of trees blended nicely with the colored flowers.
The condo was very comfortable, bright, and nicely decorated. Loved the Hawaiian plaques on the walls! The hardwood floor was easy to keep clean, and the bathroom was nicely modeled and very big.
We really enjoyed the floor to ceiling windows and could look out at the ocean any time. The weather was warm enough that we could keep the windows open all night.
Scott kept the condo well stocked. There were beach gear, umbrellas, chairs and cooler to borrow while we were there.
He sent us a well-detailed letter ahead of time indicating many of the details we would need to arrive at the condo, as well as a very informative list of things to do, see and places to eat.
The drive to Honolulu and other parts of the island were enjoyable with the ocean beside us for most of the way.
We met some of the locals from the area and they seemed friendly. (It was nice to stay away from the busyness of Honolulu, and to explore other parts of the island and learn about the culture.)
Thank you very much, Scott for renting your beautiful condo to us and for all the helpful information you gave. You have a wonderful place and location!

Management Response
5 Mar 2017
Mahalo Doug for the kind words. Honestly, this is more than just a business for me. I LOVE reading people's reviews and hearing how much people like you enjoyed the condo. It puts a smile on my face. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!
rvear
Krakow, Poland
“Convenient, with amazing view, if you manage to get there”
Reviewed 1 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The place itself is of utmost interest. Being set within rocky landscape, at the very top of a large residential complex, the condo offers maginificent views from the balcony (which is also a good place to have a beer or wine in the evening). All the amenities are present and well working in terms of Wi-Fi, kitchen as well as beach stuff or well working AC. The only real thing I could complain on was the set of knives, they were mostly blunt :-) The rest was more than enough, giving all the convenience I needed.
The real drawback is the administration and overly strict security. When you arrive, you are forced to pay 50 USD deposit (cash only!) for a piece of plastic that's intended to be your parking permit. Not only does it make you freeze your precious bucks (pretty troublesome if you're from outside of America and would rather spend all the dollars here than bring them home just to exhcange again), but it's also troublesome if you decide to check out outside of office opening hours. Moreover, the driveway is poorly designed, while there is enough place for two lorries to pass, someone figured it would be better to have one way traffic, which forces you to pass all the compound when you leave, wasting precious minutes you would rather spend on a beach. Note that swimming pool is only open until 8 PM. Not that I cared, but some of you might.
Do keep in mind that Oahu is heavily congested with traffic. Driving to downtown Honolulu takes a lot of time and it could grow worse when jams occur (which is pretty frequent). However, if all you care about is sunbathing, Makaha beach, lying just 2 km away by the main road is a perfect, serene place (a whole lot better than overrated Waikiki!).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View from the balcony
Liked least: Overly strict security and administration
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Greg B
“Honeymoon Stay @ Panoramic Ocean Views 16th Floor Penthouse Suite”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Panoramic Ocean Views 16th Floor Penthouse Suite. Scott made our stay for my wife and I perfect. This is the ideal spot for a great honeymoon or just a family get away, there is a great beach right at the end of the street that is perfect. All of the excursions come to this location from Waikiki because the beach is a great location. Its just like the ad describes the condo, its perfect for a family of 4-5. Everything you need is all right there, its a very quite community. My wife and I where able to see the whole island in a few days, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Oct 2016
Thank you Greg! I am so glad that you and your new bride had such a nice time on your honeymoon! Congratulations sir!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 89
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing