All reviews eggs benedict four poster small fridge fresh milk rabbits running roll top bath b bs a lovely stay comfortable bed warm hospitality breakfast was amazing lovely room friendly hosts walk in shower an overnight stay biscuits cooked to perfection
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Wish we could give this guest house an extra star as jacquie and Mike were amazing hosts. Every attention to detail was first class. They treated us like royalty, jacquies culinary skills should come with a Michelin star. So good I wish I was still there. Altogether a breath of Highland fresh air. Can't wait for next visit.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We (my wife and I) arrived at Ard-na-Coille and were greeted by Mike. On entering the hall, the first thing we noticed were the spotless cream coloured carpets. This was an indicator to the rest of the place - everything was spotlessly clean - rooms, floors, linen.

Mike helped with our luggage as our room was on the first floor and once again I was impressed by the room - large, airy and spotlessly clean as was the on-suite. We were made to feel very much at home though and very comfortable throughout our stay.

Our room contained a cooler pre-stocked with bottled water and fresh milk for coffee or tea - with enough space to spare for my wife's wine! We also had Sky TV and a decent WiFi service.

Breakfast was pre-ordered and I have to say was probably one of the best I've had in a hotel of any standard. Our hostess, Jacqui was very chatty and pleasant.

Ard-na-Coille doesn't offer evening meals, but during our stay, we found a place in Newtonmore which served some nice food - the drawback being you really need to have transport to get there.

Newtonmore is quite close to the Highland Wildlife Park - our main reason for this visit and Ard-na-Coille is an ideal base for touring the area.

The negatives? None really - if I was to be picky I'd say the duvet was a little on the heavy side for summer - but that's a personal preference.

This has to be one of the best places we've stayed in and we will most definitely be coming back - and next time for a much longer period.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Best B&B in Newton Moore - Close to Highlands National Park. Lovely views. Charming Hosts. A beautiful traditional house. Outstanding service.Amazing breakfasts. Cannot fault ! Large luxury rooms, super king size bed. Immaculate accommodation. Large bathroom with corner bath and separate shower. (Room 2) Fluffy robes and towels. Small fridge in room with fresh milk for morning coffee. Sky TV, Wi-fi. Everything we needed.Short walk to village to Glen hotel for dinner. Opposite Folk Museum and short drive to Highlands National Park. Went to see the baby polar bear, Hamish. Fabulous stay, would highly recommend. Superb! Loved it, would stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 2. Superb. Beautiful views. Fabulous accommodation. Best B&B ever.
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Spotless and very friendly.

Great location for exploring the surrounding area and spotting wildlife out the breakfast dining room.

Having completed the North Coast 500 we stayed only for one night (too short) we were in Hotels, B&B’s and Inn’s but Jacquie and Mike were the only one to offer something a little different.......... The best Eggs Benedict EVER.

I am sure everything else on the breakfast menu was as good but if Carling done ......

Thanks for your hospitality and great conversation this morning.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had a great welcome to the B&B which included be introduced to the house ghost!
Nice large rooms with bathrooms and views over the hills. All the amenities that you would expect are in the room.
The village is about a 15 min walk where there are some good restaurants and pubs.
The breakfast was amazing - fresh fruit, home baked pastries, great hot scottish options!
Enjoy.