“Lunch with a view”
Review of Captain Digby

Captain Digby
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain Digby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Kingsgate
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With a unique childrens outdoor and indoor play area close to the bar serving varied meals and portion sizes. Our restaurant is separate and raised from our bar area with our ever so popular restaurant cliff top view. A friendly, family pub and restaurant with spectacular views close to the beach. Providing fresh home cooked food and local real ale.Catering for all ages all year round serving food from 12pm till 9/9.30pm 7 days a week.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped for lunch here. As it was mid-week it wasn’t too busy, however I can see how busy it might get in summer. I enjoyed the bacon and brie baguette. It was just the right size. They had loads of choice on offer, including a vegan menu. We ate at the outside seating area which was lovely in the sunshine. Staff were friendly. I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can not fault this restaurant at all.

The service was impeccable!! The food was amazing and the atmosphere was just perfect!

Set above the chalky cliffs of Kingsgate Bay the views are absolutely stunning. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is food at its worst. Undercooked fish with a slimy batter that was inedible and sent back, tasteless chips served in a mixture of cheap tin pots and pans on a plate or a wooden board. Since when does food not come on a plate anymore. My daughters partner had a overcooked piece of dry tasteless chicken that went back and replaced. The fish was taken off the bill because once this was served and returned my daughter did not fancy anything else. Their only saving grace was they took 20% off the final total of the food bill. I still begrudged paying for this tasteless cheap quality food.
My family and I will not be returning.

1  Thank RichardandGillian
CaptaindigbyInn, Manager at Captain Digby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate any feedback given in regards to service and food. Having dealt with this situation on the day doing the best that we could and offering replacements for food. We then issued a 20% discount off of your bill to accomodate for the fish and your general dining experience which you did not enjoy, which included our food presentation.
If you should wish to speak to the manager regarding your visit please do not hesitate to contact us on 01843 867764 or email is digby@thorleytaverns.co.uk

Once again thank you for your feedback, and please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice welcome and pleasant meal after having to walk in rain due to Botany Bay restaurant being closed. We were not told after booking in for one night.
Staff good and atmosphere pleasant.my partner had steak pie and said was great.

Thank you so much for your kind review 3 star review, we hope to make it 5 stars on your next visit.
Many thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My colleague and I were working nearby and after a long day was told about this great pub with good food and very helpful staff.
Many thanks to Tracy.