“Lovely meals with plenty of choice”
Review of Captain Digby

Captain Digby
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain Digby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Kingsgate
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With a unique childrens outdoor and indoor play area close to the bar serving varied meals and portion sizes. Our restaurant is separate and raised from our bar area with our ever so popular restaurant cliff top view. A friendly, family pub and restaurant with spectacular views close to the beach. Providing fresh home cooked food and local real ale.Catering for all ages all year round serving food from 12pm till 9/9.30pm 7 days a week.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We visited Captain Digby restaurant last week for two evening meals, the service was great and meals lovely. Plenty of choice on menu and the staff very polite and efficient.

Captaindigby, Manager at Captain Digby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Feedback is greatly appreciated by all of our customers. Thank you for dining with us.
We hope to see you again soon at the Captain Digby.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I take my mum here once a week for dinner. The staff are always friendly and inviting, the atmosphere is great and the food is absolutely delicious. My mum is a very fussy eater. She isn't a vegetarian but she doesn't eat much meat but she always finds something to eat and on the extremely rare occasions that she cant the kitchen will always prepare something for her. I cant rate the Captain Digby high enough. We've never had a bad meal there which is why we are there so often for dinner and family get together's

Thank you very much for your kind and valued feedback. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Staff were really nice, friendly and helpful.
We had a great seat with a good view of the Kingsgate Castle across the bay.
My parents both had the scampi, they both said this was really good.
I had the chicken burger, which was very nice.
There are a lot of children around the bar, some running about, which is not for everyone. They also do not allow dogs, so for that reason and that there are a lot of children about, I can only give them 4 stars.
The food and staff are very good though.

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We took our youngsters to show off our favourite local restaurant. As ever the staff were friendly and welcoming and the waitress quickly took our drinks order and then the food order. The food arrived quickly. The garlic king prawns were declared by the son in law to be the best he'd ever had. My wife had the garlic and cheese mushrooms and was delighted by her choice as was our daughter who had the prawn cocktail. I had the green lipped mussels (my favourite) and they were perfect. The special curry, the chicken supreme, the hake and the fillet steak were all excellent with the food piping hot and the vegetables perfectly cooked. The portions were more than large enough and I had to admit defeat and left some of the vegetables. The mushroom sauce supplied with the chicken supreme was delicious and there was an extra sauce boat of it. I have to confess that I ate all of it. Mind you, we were all so full that we couldn't manage a dessert!
It is clear that the manageress, Hollie, has a real enthusiasm and that showed in her food. I recently visited Ballards at the Royal Albion Hotel and subsequently left a scathing review on Tripadvisor. The chef at Ballards would, I am sure, benefit from a visit to the Captain Digby.

1  Thank John W

Thank you so much for your kind words... a very informative review that I am sure will help other diners. Thank you once again. We will look forward to seeing you again at the Captain Digby.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Have visited on several occasions, and has always been a lovely place to have a spot of lunch or enjoy a drink whilst overlooking the bay.

The castle-style exterior has been left untouched, but inside is a friendly and welcoming pub with internal and external restaurant areas. Botany, Kingsgate and Joss Bays are all within walking distance.

If the weather is nice, take the opportunity to sit outside and take in the fantastic views over Kingsgate and the English Channel. Prices are very reasonable, particularly for food and the portions are more than generous.

1  Thank Lee R
CaptaindigbyInn, Manager at Captain Digby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018