Review Highlights
A Day at the Races

This was a well organised race meet with lots of general parking available, plenty of places to eat... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2018
639deans
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent Carvery

Family meal out. Had a lovely Carvery roast at Toby Aintree. Excellent staff very well mannered and... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
stephenh973
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews race course big race national meeting queen mother race track grand national weekend winning post finish line toilet queues champagne bar great atmosphere booked tickets plenty of places to eat bar staff parade ring equestrian centre racing enthusiast
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Could not recommend this place anymore. Grand National day was brilliant and an absolute must for any racing enthusiast

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Horse racing is not my thing. I had been before, Haydock, and didn't find it particularly interesting and wasn't exactly looking forward to this part of the Stag do I was on. However, the Grand National at Aintree changed my opinion. It had sunshine, plenty of beer and a great atmosphere. Everyone was in good spirits and it was quite exciting watching the grand national race live. Something I hope to do again.

1  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 20 April 2018

The racing was good as ever. and opening with the parachute display was impressive.
same cannot be said however for the security on entrance to the seating area or the bar.
cannot understand why the system of punching a hole in badges and when placing a wrist band on peoples arm has been changed. The old system worked very well at stopping people getting into the wrong areas.
system for parking a pre-booked space on Steeple Chase car park worked well.
The "welcomers" were great and really added to the day.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Bought tickets in the Earl of Derby stand as had not be to Aintree before. Only bought for cover in case it rained, beautiful day so no real benefit apart from a seat away from the rail. Will buy in one of the main stands next time to get more benefits.

Access in and out was excellent considering the size of crowds. Lots of places to get drinks and food from Champagne bars to people walking around selling lager.

Atmosphere was excellent and overall prices were not a rip off

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve always wanted to go to the grand national since I was a child & this year my dream came true. I really didn’t know what to expect or whether we’d even enjoy it but the whole experience was definitely one of my favourite days out ever! The Venue is sooo big, it’s more like a racetrack and a festival all in one. We had festival tickets & loved having a walk around and taking it all in. I was very surprised that giving how busy it was, we still only had to queue for drinks once and there was no queue at all for the toilets. The food was also reasonably priced too. I wore my flat shoes which I’m glad because there wasn’t much seating so we had to stand all day. However, there were plenty of stalls selling flip flops for those who couldn’t wear their heels any longer! I hope I can visit the grand national every year from now.

2  Thank kezza_t85