“Overwhelming surprise !!”
Review of Sala Gran

Sala Gran
Reserve with
Sala Gran is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 155 Restaurants in Palafrugell
Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 59
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: You knew that Josep Pla was a lover of grilled fish, he said: "Let me say at once that I am every day more supportive of the cuisine of the grilled fish: never to the griddle! Crustaceans should be made in this way all the most important." Have you tasted the real taste of the fish from the Palamos fish market? Sala Isaac is a gastronomic restaurant of group Sala Gran where we specialize in the art of grilled sea cuisine, an ancestral technique, direct and natural, updated by Isaac Sabria, merging current techniques and concepts with the aroma of authentic ember. There is a phrase from Josep Pla that perfectly defines our concept: "Everything is hot. It's a good program, you can do a lot of things." In the Sala de Isaac we use the best products of proximity, bought directly from the producers like the rice of the Estany de Pals, to make one of the best rice in the area, vegetables in Rupia, Cruilles, peas and strawberries in Sant Pol de Mar and the fish in the Palamos fish market, we also work directly with many artisanal dairies in Catalonia. All this with a dining room that combines rustic stone with modern lighting, warm and cozy to make you feel at home. Do you want to come to the Isaac Room to enjoy the authentic cuisine of the grilled fish? We will wait for you!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I come since my young childhood in this lovely part of the world (40 years +) and finally stopped to have lunch in La cuina de Isaac! WOW WOW WOW WOW..... The only dish that dispappointed a bit was the dessert, all other dishes were an amazing surprise of taste, presentation and quality! The wine was equally excellent ( Clos Primat, simple but so tasty). The rice dish was exceptional as were the mussels from the bbq.
I do not understand that Michelin or the Guia Repsol have not discovered you!!!! I will be back be in November 2017! Can not wait to taste the Autumn specialities! Keep this fantastic value-quality relationship,
Of course I have to mention the friendly and efficient service, a great overall experience.

Pere S, Gerente at Sala Gran, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

The team of Sala Gran.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a lot with my couple in this restaurant. We've enjoyed a lot with all the dishes, specially, watermelon soup with cod, the grilled mussels were excellent. But if we have to highlight a dish... I could say that the nembo rice was the best one that I ever tested in my life. I will repeat for sure.

Pere S, Gerente at Sala Gran, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Best restaurant in the area. Ambitious cuisine, top-quality food and great service. Been there many times and gonna repeat surely. A need-to-be spot if you are looking for great food.

Pere S, Gerente at Sala Gran, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Elegant restaurant with excellent traditional Catalonian food with a twist of fusion.
The service is good and the ambience perfect.
I highly recommend this restaurant on your way to the Costa Brava.

Pere S, Gerente at Sala Gran, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I went to Sala Gran with my boyfriend on a Saturday night in June. The restaurant used to be a traditional farm which makes the atmosphere unique. We had the menu at 44 euros. It was very generous and super tasty. Service was quick and efficient too. We go to Spain at least once a year and we will definitely go back.

Pere S, Gerente at Sala Gran, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016