H.TOP Planamar
ALEGRIA Maripins(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
US$ 60
US$ 69
US$ 67
  • Beachfront
Aqua Hotel Silhouette & Spa - Adults Only(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 75
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Luna Club(Malgrat de Mar)
US$ 85
US$ 81
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Papi(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 56
  • Restaurant
Luna Park Hotel(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 58
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rosa Nautica(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
US$ 60
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Amaraigua Hotel(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europa Splash(Malgrat de Mar)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Sumus Hotel Monteplaya(Malgrat de Mar)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshtop hotelsfree buscheap holidaymet some lovely peoplesanta susannabad reviewsgreat holidayfamily holidaymanuelblanes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Found manager and receptionist with dark hair amazing!! Bar staff good for first 2 nights then never spoke. Had to queue for evening meal as they reserved tables for football kids hmm how will they survive in summer? Food boring and bland I lived on salad and chips for a week, way to much pork!! Sauna told it 10 euro an hour!! We only drank at 10pm at night and still got looks as if shouldn't be drinking LoL entertainment at night total rubbish I've never seen such rubbish in all my life!! We drank at local bar on corner a British pub and paid where we shouldn't have to. My second time at H Top hotel and never again. But you get what you pay for so it was cheap break. Blonde receptionist is not nice I suggest you go reception at 3pm to 11pm where you find the lovely lady always willing to help and a smile I just thought she wonderful!!!! Manager so nice too he easily approachable and lovely man

Room Tip: Pool view, maybe double bed
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HTOPHotels, Director General at H.TOP Planamar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you to take time to review our hotel, we are very happy you found the staff approachable and friendly as this is our main goal, we regret you did not enjoy the food as much as you expected but we understand not everybody would appreciate it the same way even known most of our customers enjoy it, we are constantly working on our menus to improve them; we always recommend people not to arrive at the same time for meals but it is difficult for us to have this under control, we try to organize the groups together to avoid having a lot of kids around and unsupervised by their monitors that’s the reason why we reserve tables for them, we do not have groups in high season only families. We hope you can try again to see if we surprise you next time

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm still in this hell hole of a hotel and I'm counting down the days to go home this stay is so horrible I'm contemplating booking an early flight and leaving. The room itself isn't too bad I can deal with that. The staff are ok but they don't even understand English when you speak to them it's like your from a different planet. All I've done was ask for tissue they looked at me like I committed a crime. The noise in this place is ridiculous it's my 3rd night here and it's second time I've been woke up out my sleep due to the noise and complained. The food is awful I wouldn't even feed it to a homeless person we've had to eat out every single night of being here. Never will I stay here again!!
I wouldn't even give it a 1star

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank tamiibabey x

Thank you to take time to review our hotel , we regret you did not enjoy the food as much as you expected but we understand not everybody would appreciate it the same way even known most of our customers enjoy it, we recommend to our customers to ask for a room change if there is a problem with noise as there are parts in our hotel quieter than others you can move to. Most of our staff understand English, everybody at reception speak few languages, at the bar and the restaurant too. We appreciate your comments on our room and the staff.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

In my opinion the hotel is certainly not as bad as some reviews make out. The hotel is clean, if a little dated. Staff are friendly, but the location really makes it. It’s right opposite a beautiful beach and next to the old town (and ‘the strip’ the other way if preferred). There are shops, restaurants and bars all around. Take a train (the station is about 200 metres away) and visit beautiful Girona or Barcelona. Both cheap, quick and easy to do.

The pool area is small and combined with the bar area in a pleasant courtyard. Food and drinks are as expected for 3* AI. Both were fine, although as a vegetarian I was limited sometimes. There’s always several meat and fish options, with veg, salad, pasta, chips, etc. It was on occasion not very warm, but that doesn’t particularly bother me.

It was a real mix of young and old, couples and families. We went as a couple and used it as a base, whilst enjoying the beach, town and surrounding areas. Do stroll through the old town (as some people didn’t) and have coffee in the square. Go up the funicular lift, which is free, for fantastic views. Swim in the sea (although beds and umbrellas were expensive at €5 per item). The hotel does what it says. Families loved it. Children enjoyed the pool and kids club, and lots of people enjoyed the evening entertainment. The location can’t be beaten!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
18  Thank LouiseAmbler
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I would like to comment on our recent hotel stay before anybody else has the misfortune to spend their money on this rat pit, we booked the holiday onthebeach as a mystery 3* hotel stay for 7 days booking ref is. The issue we had first was there is no way that hotel can be classed as 3* no matter how it is advertised, I would have liked to know the criteria the classification officer used to class it as 3* Firstly on arrival there was no receptionist for 30 minutes, when someone came to serve us they had no English at all so communication was difficult. When we were taken to our room we were aghast to see there was no double glazing so we could hear all noises from outside ALL night the room was tiny the plug sockets didn’t work, we hardly slept, people and kids were running and shouting all night in our hotel rooms/passageways. The décor and bedding can only be described as mid 80s style that has never changed since the hotel was built! The safe was anything but, it was tired old and not very secure. The TV was from the 80s also, when I went to reception and asked for a new remote as the TV didn’t work he pointed it at his TV and said it works and closed the door on me, the fridge also didn’t work when I reported it the receptionist told me the fridge keeps all cool items cool and if you put hot items in then they will be kept hot ( basically he was saying it’s a Thermos fridge ))) all the staff where very rude and didn’t care that we were in the middle of the hotel from hell that Basil Faulty would be ashamed of! They wanted 18 Euros per night for car parking and 8 for the unsafe safe both extortionate beyond belief.
The entertainment? compared to the other 3* hotels was incomparable (not in a good way) The second day was even worse than before, the usual screaming and shouting and coaches turning up all through the night and next door to our room we could hear 2 people arguing that she has just been raped by him. Very disturbing! With all this in mind we decided to leave the hotel and find alternative arrangements. I gave my key to reception and told them we were leaving.
We went and found some other 3* hotels and they were a lot better than the hole we were put in, some of the much better 3* hotels even belonged to the same chain?? They all had double glazing, excellent entertainment, better cleaner eating facilities, nicer pool area. A justifiable 3* rating. We tried to book with them but they were all booked for the week so we went and found into a 4* hotel because that’s all we could find available.
This is without doubt the worst hotel and now the worst experience of my life in any hotel anywhere in the world, this really needs to be looked at again and downgraded to a 1 possibly 2 but 3!

If you do go ahead and book then don’t say you wasn’t warned!!!

On the beach didn't want know!

James Mahon

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
10  Thank james m
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Just back from this hotel.
Rustic feel with good feel
Kids club, mini disco, basic room would recommend a front room as we were in the back of hotel and temperature did drop suddenly.
October for one week weather was Hot 22c just right for us, couple in our early fifties.
People's with wheelchairs slopes and so good access, food was good although repetitive.
Pool was clean, and no rush for the sunbeds!
Staff were polite and helpful.
Cleaners were in every day with beds made and clean towels
Will go again yes!
Plenty of shops and bars within easy short and immediate distance!

Room Tip: Front of hotel for sun and warmth during out of season
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple