“Superb view- horrendous dining experience.”

Casa Do Rio Restaurante
Ranked #51 of 165 Restaurants in Alvor
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Service was beyond poor from start to finish. It took 50 minutes from the time we ordered until the starters arrived. Considering the food was very obviously produced from frozen and it was only ourselves a table of two and another table of 4 - it's mind boggling to believe it took that length. The dishes were lacking severely in flavour, presentation and value for money.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We tried to book a dinner for 5 people on New Year's Eve in this restaurant. After several difficult and unfriendly interactions, we confirmed the reservation. As we had no answer, we insist and it is not our astonishment when they tell us that it no longer has without even showing any discomfort for the way the whole process has gone. I do not know if the food is good but in terms of service it seems that we are back to the stage where in Algarve the tourism was of poor quality. We are frequent visitors (we have a house near Alvor) at all times of the year but I will not come back nor will I recommend it.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is the most beautiful spot on the coast but the food is to die for! We had king prawns which were as excellent as Maine Lobster. The service was tremendously attentive - Paolo, and Pedro make a perfect night! After a night of perfect food the homemade banana pie is not to be missed! Put this restaurant on your list!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Been going to Casa Do Rio for the last 11 years and never once been disappointed. The service and food fantastic. Best Cataplana in Alvor

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our meals, I had Sea Perch, and my wife had Lamb Chops. Food was very good, accompanied by a nice bottle of wine.

Only gripe is that my fish, (€45 a kilo), was charged at 0.485kg, over €21. I just don't believe that it was almost half a kilo, but how can you challenge it when you have eaten the fish?? Think I have been ripped off, as I didn't feel full, it really wasn't as if the fish was enormous!!! Worth watching out for!!!