“Excellent food and service”

Fiaschetteria Rurale
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Scansano
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were here with our family and we ate great food and really admired the unique style of the place. Portions are bigger than average, the food is fresh, the owners are very nice and there is also free wifi.

elio franc leif c, Proprietario at Fiaschetteria Rurale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello kushi! tank you for your visit and for your positive review!! Elio the owner

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Shabby chic decor, friendly helpful staff and great food. Have visited several times and the food has been fantastic. Highly recommend. This is our favourite in Scansano!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We came from Rome and needed a bite. We had never been to Scansano but it was the closest town. We happened by chance to walk into Osteria 11 Fiaschetteria Rurale. The atmosphere was cozy and inviting. The chef, Elio, was just as inviting. We started off with some local wine which was just fantastic. Elio gave us top notch service with no service charge! But that is not only why we gave five stars. The food was just magnificent, excellent, delicious, [insert favorite descriptive word for great food]. It was fresh, he picked herbs from live plants in his garden! The meat was fresh and delicious. This is what we wanted from Italy. We enjoyed local delicacies.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

The chef looks like he can't decide between being an artist, a pirate or both. The decor suggests a bit of a pyschodelic bric a brac shop. But, fortunately, he knows what he is doing in the kitchen. We were very content with a pasta dish and a glass of wine on a rainy Tuesday afternoon. We started as the only two customers even thought it was late. More folks drifted in.

My main concern was the WC. It is accessed down some dark and rickety stairs and through a very weird series of storage and sitting rooms. When you get there, there is little bulb in the ceiling; no soap, no paper towels, toilet paper will have to do we are literally and figuratively in the dark about cleanliness. Is this where the kitchen staff makes their ablutions? Hopefully, they have a sink and soap closer to home.

Despite the obvious economic sustenance of the town and area's wine region, the place looks like it is in difficult times. The city is a bit scruffy, but still seems safe. I'm glad we were just passing through.

elfranc72, Proprietario at Fiaschetteria Rurale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you Ulisse4 for your review, and I must compliment you for your sensitivity in the art of observation! yes I studied art and I wanted to be a painter but then I chose to work in restaurants going around so many countries around the world, also doing the cook on boats cruising the Mediterranean and crossing the Atlantic Ocean to get to the Caribbean, so you absolutely reason I feel a little cook a little artist and a little pirate! the "style" of the restaurant a little bric a brac and psychedelic is also this part of me and my partner because we have been doing art and antiques dealers for years. For your disappointment on the bathrooms you're absolutely right and as you may have noticed that we are just in a phase of restructuring ... so if you come back you'll find everything fine!
as for the country of Scansano perhaps I would say that you have been conditioned by the sad and rainy day that made you see a village in decline ...... no Scansano is not portofino and not even Capri, Scansano is a small village Tuscan still true and genuine that is slowly opening up to tourism, more than economic crisis we have a cultural crisis ... but this applies to all of Europe! Thanks again for being our guest and if you come back here I hope to see you again for another spaghetti carbonara! Salut mon capitaine
E.L.F il pirata ;)

Reviewed 25 January 2018

My wife and I ended up into this nice restaurant on December 27th. We had a very nice conversation with the restaurant owner over our dinner. He explained to us each dish. The wines and the spirits were fab.