I stayed at this hotel as part of a cooking class that was organised by a organisation called Cooking Vacations. The hotel itself was quite okay but I am not sure what the rates are to just stay there as a normal paying guest and whether is is good value in that respect. I had a package deal which included cooking classes and meals. I was disappointed in the meals as we only could choose from a menu that really didn't change for the 6 days I was there and so the food became boring in the end. This trip worked out too be about 500.00 US per day and I really couldn't see the value. The cooking lessons ended up being a bit farsical as the chef, who was the cooking instructor wasn't there for the second 2 days of lessons. The cooking classes were way too basic and really just a waste of time. I was very disappointed. When I contacted Cooking Vacations on my return to Australia, they were unhelpful and uninterested in the problems that I encountered. I would not recommend doing any holiday arrangements with this organisation. They get you to sign all this stuff before you go which states you have to contact them from the hotel, at the time of any problems, which is not really an ideal thing to be doing, especially when you are trying to make the best of things. As for the hotel as a stand alone destination. It is in a lovely area that I hadn't travelled to before in the Maremma region of Tuscany. Depending on the actual stand alone rates it is probably a reasonable place to stay. The staff were certainly considerate and friendly. There is a day spa connected to the hotel and the rates for treatments seemed reasonable, although I didn't have any of their treatments. There is also a riding school attached to the hotel which I probably would have been interested in but the riding was only in the mornings at the same time as the cooking classes.
I would probably recommend this hotel to friends but I would definately not recommend and holiday organised by Cooking Vacations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a fascinating countryside and close to the old village of Maremma, you will be guest of the four star Resort Antico Casale di Scansano, which emerged from the restoration of an ancient farm, in Tuscany. In the hotel, the spa is based on the oriental ideal of harmony between body and mind. You can discover the secrets of Maremman cuisine (the resort offers also cookery course), while enjoying an unforgettable horseback riding adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Antico Casale Di Scansano
- Hotel Resort Antico Casale Di Scansano Province Of Grosseto