See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in this hotel, where I have stayed quite often 12-13 years ago. It felt like going back in time, nothing has changed. Where this would have been a reasonable value/ price for what you would get, nowadays it needs improvement. The bed was bad, shower wasn't working properly, tiles broken and far from clean. The only positive was the meal I had in the restaurant. A reasonable meal for the price.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Curious how it would be after all those years, it felt disappointing on my last visit. My last visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I can't say enough good things about the restaurant that they have. It is very American friendly and just a short distance to the Hahn airport. It has a great reputation with American military spouses as the place to eat while shopping in Sohren. You can't go wrong with their gourmet salad, which changes seasonally. The staff is outstanding and friendly as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We chose Hotel Schinderhannes as it was only a 10 minute drive to Hahn Airport.

We were arriving late and leaving early so we just chose somewhere cheap and we weren't expecting much. But we were pleasantly surprised that there was a lovely pub attached to the hotel and it was a great place to have a few last German beers and reminisce about our fabulous trip.

Friendly staff, plenty of parking, wifi, great breakfast and clean rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Sohren, the village, is not exactly a tourist mecca. Wife and I visited over Easter weekend, April 2012, with the intention of spending a few nights in Zell (Mosel). Zell was covered in tourists and parking there is EXTREMELY difficult to almost impossible. We opted for Schinderhannes being nearby and familiar with it (having lived in Sohren in the late 1970s). Schinderhannes and the staff/food/service were predictably superb. The room in the "new" building was of comfortable size and impeccably clean. The beds were very good (beds across Europe can be 'iffy.') The price for food and room were competitive. Parking was ample and free. I suggest you ask for a room 'away from the street.'

Room Tip: The two-lane street nearby can be quite busy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Col_Tomb
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My son and I spent 3 days at the Schinderhannes. It was a visit to the town where he was born 37 years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was great. We had excellent internet service the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends