See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My son and I spent 3 days at the Schinderhannes. It was a visit to the town where he was born 37 years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was great. We had excellent internet service the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail P
Reviewed 26 September 2010

On a 2-week European business trip, we had one day with no meetings. It was therefore critical that we spend all day working with an internet connection to arrange bookings, catch up on email etc. This hotel promised internet, but the wifi did not work. They refused to accept that it was their connection failing and tried to blame our devices. When we pointed out we had three separate devices failing to connect to the internet, all of which had worked fine in many other locations, all they could so was say "it worked yesterday" and try to imply blame on us. When invited to take our devices and show us how to log in they would not even try. Very poor customer service, no trouble shooting skill and basis lack of intelligence when dealing with these problems.
However they did let us use the hotel reception customer. Probably they had the mentality that this would solve the problem as if we just wanted to quickly check our email when actually we needed to work all day and had specifically chosen this place because they allowed refreshingly late check out and had wifi. I spent a long time on the reception computer before they finally asked us to move to another computer which did not work either and they would not/could not fix. Possibly the fact that I spent a long time on the reception computer, rather than did a quick useage, might have explained why they were so rude to us and eventually just made short replies such as they had no time to help before walking off.
For me, this hotel was a total failure although we eventually found internet in a cafe in town.
Positive points: near to Frankfurt Hahn airport, easy free parking, nice (perhaps a bit overpriced) restaurant, good rooms, nice vibe in the rooms and outdoor court. I expect many people had better experiences and I think they had just transitioned to a new internet system.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingJamie
Reviewed 22 August 2010

A cracking little hotel with super friendly staff situated in the village of Sohren about 3 miles from Hahn airport. The food is great and the bar though welcoming not too noisy.
Room had its own balcony and was situated in an annex a few yards from main building. Was spotlessly clean and everything worked well in the room.
The staff were superb and all spoke pretty good English (and French).
There is a shuttle to get you to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank willmcc
Reviewed 21 August 2010

My family ( my husband and three adult children ) and our friends family ( parents and two adult children ) nine persons in total stayed at this romantic hotel for only one night ,since we landed at Hahn , going to Amsterdam by rented van,
It's only 4km from the Hahn airport , so convenient!!
Rooms were very spacious , dinner , at the hotel very picturesque restaurant , was very tasty and at a good price .
Parking was free .Free breakfast , also.
The best of all was the friendly staff !! the ladies and the gentlemen were so friendly and eager to make our stay as convenient as possible .
Perhaps next time , we will stay at this beautiful hotel more days to visit the very interesting surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Kyriaki
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Stayed overnight with my family to fly out next morning from Hahn. Rooms were comfortable, quite big and absolutely silent. Family run hotel with good local kitchen (not a vast breakfast buffet but we were well looked after by service personnel)

No cigarette smell at all which I understand has been an issue in the past but ithis s now solved (room was painted).

The next time we fly out from Hahn we will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family