“Very Pleasant Stay”

Mercure Hotel Duesseldorf Kaarst
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kaarst
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Stayed for three nights on a half board basis, to enable me to visit a Christmas Market, and meet up with my family. My room on the third floor was nicely equipped, and very quiet,
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, from reception, and the restaurant to the cleaning staff, all were a credit to the hotel.
Breakfast and dinner were served buffet style, and there was always a good selection, which was well replenished
All in all, a very enjoyable stay..

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I have just returned from the Cologne and Aachen trip with National Holidays. Left Manchester at 4:55am and got to our hotel at 9:45pm (bearing in mind the one hour difference) and the hotel provided us with dinner straight away. The journey was long but we had regular stops at service stations, so stock up on mags/books and bring your music to listen to, although they have music playing low on the coach and we watched a dvds on the way back. The coach drivers Carl and Ivan was lovely and kept us all entertained.
About Aachen we left the hotel at 9:15 and the coach parked up at 10:45, you could either walk it or get the shuttle bus to the xmas market - I recommend jumping on the shuttle bus only 3euros return. The xmas markets was very pretty but it got overcrowded, there are also plenty of high street shops to look at including department stores.
Cologne is another beautiful city we arrived there at 10:50 (took 50mins from the hotel) the cathedral is amazing inside and out, also recommend taking a walk to the river rime 5mins away behind the cathedral taking photos of the view. Again the xmas markets are really good full of lots of usual things but it does get crowded so look around early. I was worried that shops weren't open on Sunday but they were all open (maybe for the festive season) and very busy, there were designer shops as well as high street shops i.e. H&M, Mango, Primark to name a few. There is also an handful of Irish pubs if your missing home. We got back to the hotel at 5 then went to Aldi which was a 5min walk to get our wine which was very cheap (bottle of German wine £1.50 and very nice) and abit further up there was a Lidi.
About the hotel it was modern and spacious, I stayed in the single room which I paid extra for, the room was big for a single which was nice but it had a strange sewage smell but once you put the air conditioning on it went. You could also use the spa which consists of a small pool and sauna with the hotel providing towels and robes which was lovely to go after shopping. The breakfast was plentiful from cooked breakfast to continental, the dinner was quite good you had a choice of 2 meats one day then one meat and one fish the other day along with veg, salad, soup and desert but you always found something to eat.
For the price I paid for this trip I would say it was very good value and I would definitely go again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2016

This was our second visit to the Mercure Hotel in two year and, as last time, found the food to be excellent and the staff helpful and friendly. As last time we were with a Coach Tour and visited Aachen and Cologne Christmas Markets, both within an hours drive of the hotel.
Our room was just slightly smaller than last year but impressively clean. A good standard of accommodation.
To find fault with the hotel is difficult. My only disappointment has been getting the rooms Tassimo coffee/tea making machine, to work - I have followed the written instructions and diagrams and even followed a YouTube demonstration. To date and after about 10 attempts I have only ever got one cup of coffee out of it. It make us laugh and does not alter the good feeling I have for the hotel. If only a kettle was available as a replacement for us gadget fearing folk!! My other half has threatened to buy me a Tassimo machine for Christmas so that I can practice for next years visit .... I can hardly hide my enthusiasm!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been very good..
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I work for one of the largest telecoms company's with our German main office in Dusseldorf so booked a holiday to show my partner the winter market. The hotel location is great on the outskirts easy to find off the autobahn. The room was clean and a normal Mecure style which fine. Had occasion to as reception for something and everything was fine very helpful but the bar was another thing. When i went to order a drink in the empty'ish bar i was told to wait while the bar manager walked around playing with the TV remotes what appeared 5 mins or so he came back. It appeared he was more interested in making sure his football was on the TV than working emmmm. On the same night also had a bad experience with the matradee who we had a meal booked for 6:30 but decided it should be 7pm not impressed. Having checked our own travel site which is internal it appears others feel the same let down by a few bad staff.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 December 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your valued feedback with us.

Please apologize the situation you experienced at our bar. This is of course not the service we want to deliver and please be assured that we will take care of this to prevent those experiences in future.

We kindly hope to get the chance to show you that we are able to do it better and would be very happy to welcome you back at our property.

Kind regards
The Team of the Mercure Hotel Duesseldorf Kaarst

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Nice rooms, very clean and the hotel is huge. Breakfast is excellent and you will find whatever you like. Very quiet area even if close to the motorway. First floor is a little old but still clean, third floor is much better

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaarst
5.2 km away
Hotel Alt Buettgen
#2 of 8 in Kaarst
2.1 km away
Landhaus Michels garni

Been to Mercure Hotel Duesseldorf Kaarst? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK