“Very friendly service and good local food”
Review of Gasthaus Alpenrose

Gasthaus Alpenrose
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Oberaudorf
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Gastropub
Description: Bavarian food
Description: Bavarian food
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The menu offers a nice range of Bavarian dishes at reasonable prices.
The service is very friendly and excellent, make you feeling really welcome.
Try the "Kellerbier" a tasty lager beer

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Great service from the waitress, even though it was busy she spent time explaining the dishes to us n on German speakers. Although there is a English translated menu some dishes needed additional info. The food was terrific in flavour and value.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Even better than last time . Large interior , good food , big portions and now a much improved menu . friendly average price , really enjoyed it now my favourite place in the centre of the village . Its in the main street in the village , easy parking .

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Very good service. Sometimes the fireplace is lit which ads extra cosiness. The food is the standard Bavarian repertoire quite well done. We tried the Mousse au chocolat and apfelkücherl which were both excellent desserts.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Gasthaus Alpenrose - Oberaudorf
Rosenheimer Str. 3, 83080 Oberaudorf Tel. 08033 9709596

Hot food served daily 11.00 – 21.00

Wednesday – Closed

This restaurant is situated right in the main street by the shops in Oberaudorf.

Luckily we didn’t have far to go because we just live over the border in Austria.
Our trip here was not only spontaneous but surprising.

We are in the village at least 3 times a week but normally not in the evenings.
I noticed that the restaurant was open again (it had been closed for a long time)

My wife informed me that she had been there before but around 35 years ago, almost in a previous life.

The staff are of course dressed in traditional clothing and were very quick to serve us.
I noticed that to many of the other guests they were speaking English, obviously a benefit if you don’t speak German.

The waitress took our drinks order and within a couple of minutes our drinks were sitting in front of us. I said “At last” being sarcastic…..and the waitress laughed and said that they had so many guests she was sorry that the service was so slow. “Germans do have humour”

Many Bavarians are an unfriendly at the best of times but once you get under their thick skin some of them are actually quite nice. In this case all the staff were exceptionally cheerful, polite and very helpful.

Our order was taken for the main meal and I ordered Rinderroulade mit Bratkartoffeln und Blaukraut. (Beef olives, Fried potatoes and Red cabbage).

My wife went for the Ziegenkäse Salat (Goat’s Cheese Salad).

The meals are cooked on site and therefore take a wee while to arrive, but considering what we ordered this service was also reasonably quick.

I have written many restaurant reviews on trip advisor and always try to be as honest as possible. I have to say that this was one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant for a very long time.

The meat was very tender and the flavour of the beef olive was simply excellent. If I had made them myself (I do all the home cooking) I would be proud.
My wife devoured the salad and also thoroughly enjoyed it.
Crisp lettuce and fresh cheese with a very fine dressing so she said.

I must say I was not only surprised but amazed about how good all the food was. My wife just looked at me and was flabbergasted. We eat out a lot but this was very good.

The menu is varied and offers something for everyone. It also has a good choice for vegans and also children.

The sweet menu also looked appetising with a variety of choices but maybe next time for us.

The portions were according to my wife normal, although I could have eaten more….probably through greed) I was actually satisfied with the portion size.

The prices are fair without either being cheap or exorbitant. I would say it is very good value for money.

Oh nearly forgot, we did get a free glass of something very nice with cinnamon in it to warm you up on a winter’s evening.

Would we go there again…. Of course. I am pretty sure that this will become one of our regular haunts without a doubt.

Recommended without reservation as we say in English.

However to be on the safe side, please give them a call to reserve a table.

Yes that was word play! Enjoy it when you go “Guten Appetite”