All reviews tochni tavern fruit dessert working order electric stove satellite tv wedding venue owners and staff large bedroom double bed lovely village swimming pool half board spent a week air conditioning hill overlooking living room and kitchen area city life
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went to fikardou festival last Sunday. What a lovely village. Highly recommend a drive there. You need good shoes as it's cobbled streets and hilly. If you visit take a warm top as it can get cold. Lovely taverna with local food, unfortunately can't remember the name but you can't miss it.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I went there for a yoga holiday, meaning three hours of yoga per day, and stayed in a traditional-style apartment in Tochni. The village is nice and the apartments are scattered all over the village, so you get the feeling that you are just one of the villagers. My one room apartment was furnished traditionally.
The apartment was not hotel-standard clean, room-service came only twice a week to change the towels. There was a kitchenette in my apartment but the equipment was old and incomplete. Regrettably, there were signs of neglect everywhere. The plumbing of the kitchen sink was leaking, many light fixtures were without bulbs or not working, some power sockets were out of order, the ancient television set was not working properly, everything was violet and green.... I had booked half board and the food in the Tochni Tavern was really good, but normally, I prefer to go to a variety of places. All in all it was an enjoyable stay, the yoga lessions were fabulous, but of you are looking for accomodation with hotel standard, you have to look elsewhere. It was more like air bnb with half board. I would not have minded preparing my own meals, but the kitchen equipment was incomplete and I had to book half board since there was no other option. If you want an unconventional holiday off the beaten tracks, it is recommendable, if you want standard fare, look elsewhere. It's all in your head!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

great place ,quite, good service great people i loved it and will definitely go back. it was clean everything we needed was provided.the food was good , the chef was really nice , the owner was a pleasure to meet.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly please check where you're staying. We thought we were staying at this place in Tochni but if you book for Cyprus Villages you might get any one of their apartments in a village of their choice. Saying that village we stayed in Kalavassos was pretty. No pool we could use because it was a long walk away through the main town street and down 3 flights and up a further 4 flights of steps. It was also dirty. The apartment was fine if you don't mind climbing 3 flights of stairs to get anywhere. When the wind blew the roofing rattled. This was particularly frustrating at night when it woke us. We coped with the ants but we were happy that we didn't find the giant cockroaches until the last night. The sheets were a bit smelly and we had to ask for clean sheets and towels. We did get them though. Not really any literature about places to visit sand no hairdrier. Good selection of plates and bowls etc in the kitchen. If I'd booked on air bnb I wouldn't have minded so much. It's not horrid and I'd go back to Kalavassos but do do do read the small print.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HazelandRachel
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Great place to stay with delicious plates great service always with a smile . food super and abundant . Good prices and always ready to help you . The place is nice and quite with a nice view on tochni village .the apartments are nice comfortable and spacious with air condition . Highly recommended . owner super helpful.

Room tip: Best views and tranquil.
Date of stay: August 2017