“Fantastic relaxing experience”

Das Sonnreich Thermenhotel Loipersdorf
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Loipersdorf
Reviewed 7 March 2017

My wife and I stayed here for a much needed relaxation time. Booked an executive room and got a beautiful room with open bathtub on the 5th floor overlooking the beautiful hills. Half board was included and the quality of the food was outstanding. All very fresh and tasting very well. Good wine selection too. The thermal bath are a bit confusing at first but once we found our way around the area we had a very pleasant time in the hot bubbly water. When we arrived late afternoon it was almost empty and quiet, the next morning however, the place was packed with seniors. Must have been a special or something. Took away a bit of the amazement we experienced the day before. Overall though, highly recommended. Friendly staff, clean sheets and comfortable bed.

Room Tip: 5th floor with terrace and open bath!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 March 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your positive feedback on your stay with us at the hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay very much.
We look forward to your next stay!
Sincerely
Sandra Sifkovits
Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We were visiting that beautiful place with the group of friends for getting fun and some relaxing in thermal bathes. It was absolutely stunning time. Nice dermal bath, very good food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), friendly personal.
For sure we visit once again.
Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 March 2017

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your positive feedback on your stay with us at the hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay very much.
We look forward to your next stay!
Sincerely
Sandra Sifkovits
Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2016

So this is my second time staying at the hotel, the first time I brought my kids and it was amazing. Really great food, service etc.

For some reason the hotel changed ownership and name -It was called Vienna House before.

For both times I brought my kids for the weekend.

The first time I reserved an apartment room and got an apartment, the apartment has two rooms, so with two kids, that is amazing.

This time I ordered an apartment and when I arrived I got a king suite which is one bed and perhaps the worst cot I have ever seen in my life -I do 140 hotel nights per year, so I have experience in terms of hotels.

I am actually sitting in the hotel bar right now writing this.

So my issues?

Service: The service level has gone from amazing to awful in just a few months, I spoke to a few staff and the feedback was that morale is low as the new owners are not very good to them and do not listen.

Cleanliness: So whilst we were waiting for the elevator, my daughter said "what's that?" Pointing up at the light fixture. So I look up and was horrified to see all of the light fixtures were packed with dead flies. No, not a stray fly, like a ton of them. The bathrobes -its a spa, so the room comes with them- had stains on them.

Sleep: If you like sleeping on concrete, this is the hotel for you!

The food: now this bugs me a lot, they offer half board and before their was a buffet and everything was simply amazing! Now the food is dry and inconsistent. It's not bad, but it's not close to the standard it was before.

The bar: used to be really nice and I would pop down and grab some food after putting the kids to bed around 10PM, normally if I was a few minutes after 10PM, it did not matter. This time I arrived 2 minutes after 10PM and was given a hard "NO" when it came to food.

"ok fine, rules are rules, do you have a bag of chips? Nuts? Room service?" No!

I will not return to this hot mess until the prior standards do.

The new management, obviously don't care about customers.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Very nice spa hotel right next to Schaffelbad. Great food and service throughout the hotel and very friendly employees. Perfect for a quick getaway on a foggy winter weekend. Some areas of the hotel might appear a bit dated, but everything is clean and well maintained.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
ChristinaHultsch, Assistant to General Manager at Das Sonnreich Thermenhotel Loipersdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear guest Johanna P,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards from Loipersdorf

Gerald Haberhauer

Reviewed 14 January 2016

This place is a definite must stay. The rooms are a good size even for Europe, and all rooms have their own deck with fabulous views of the hills all around. The staff is very helpful and speak English to help you find your way.

There is a huge outdoor water/play area that I'm sure is a blast in the summer, but they also have indoor water activities and a child care facility on the property.

There are three restaurants, that I saw and probably more in the summer with outdoor eateries available. The food at the main restaurant is very good, with a breakfast buffet, and dinner can either be buffet or a la carte. You can choose to include these as part of your booking or not.

While many of the activities on this property require a fee, there are several marked paths that one can use to go on a hike or run. These paths can be as easy or as difficult as you like, just keep in mind that it is extremely hilly and some of them are quite steep.

This is someplace I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
ChristinaHultsch, Assistant to General Manager at Das Sonnreich Thermenhotel Loipersdorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. My team and I are very glad you enjoyed your stay and had fabulous days. I also forward you feedback to the public spa area Loipersdorf.

We are looking forward to welcome you very soon again in our hotel.

Kind regards from Loipersdorf,

Gerald Haberhauer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loipersdorf
0.3 km away
16.5 km away
Rogner Bad Blumau
Rogner Bad Blumau
#1 of 1 in Bad Blumau

Been to Das Sonnreich Thermenhotel Loipersdorf? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK