US$ 347
US$ 214
US$ 204
Hotels.com
US$ 359
Vital Hotel Krainz(Loipersdorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 111
Loipenhof - Hotel Garni(Loipersdorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
US$ 100
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I have been to several spa hotels in the recent years, but I must say the Kowald was really excellent. The bedrooms were clean, comfortable and had pleasant views over the hillside of the Loipersdorf area. The breakfasts were very generous and the choice of evening meals had an international cuisine flavour to them that more often than not is difficult even to cater for in what is a medium size hotel. If you couldn't find anything (impossible in my case) there was also a vegan, vegetarian or traditional menu to chose from.The lunchtime soup also provided was always a welcome. All the spa facilities were very well connected to the hotel. Well done The Kowald. Very efficient, kind staff. You made our stay there wonderful. We will certainly be back there again.

Room Tip: Hillside view if possible, otherwise you will be overlooking the parking area.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ThermenhotelKowald, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Kowald, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thanks a lot for your rating and the nice words.
We are very glad, you liked your stay in our hotel and you enjoyed our offer.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Until then we send you many greetings and nice wishes!

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Whenever returning to my home country and escaping the hustle and bustle in NYC, my girlfriend and I make it a point to pamper ourselves with at least one night at Hotel Kowald in Loipersdorf. This year we booked the "One-Night stand" and celebrated our arrival with chocolate-covered seasonal fruits with a bottle of Prosecco in the room. Relaxing times in the spa and a stress-reliving massage were followed by mouthwatering culinary (local) delights enjoyed with excellent wines in pleasant ambience with great service. The hotel premises are great, the staff is super-friendly and we are already looking forward to our next "One-Night Stand".

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
ThermenhotelKowald, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Kowald, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear Jochen,
thanks a lot for your recommendation and the friendly words. We are glad to read, that you enjoyed your stay at us. Thank you for your constancy. We are looking Forward to welcome you again soon! Many greetings to NYC!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Architecture from the beginning of the 90s. The reception and the restaurant were refurbished, but the rooms feel worn. The beds and pillows are really sub-standard! The softest, cheapest mattress you wouldn't even use in dormitories. My back hurt after the first night, after the second night it was real pain, couldn't straighten up. Asked for a harder mattress at the reception - they really looked at me as if I were an alien, no answer other than an 'aha, hm…'. Nothing was changed. After the third night it was horrible. Complained at the check-out again, no answer, not a single word of understanding, they really made me feel I offended their cute little 'everything-is-always-happy-greet-the-day-with-a-smile-and-it-will-smile-back' hotel. The room was really small for the 5 of us (2 parents w 3 kids), the bathroom even smaller, typical 160x160, short bathtub wall-to-wall, sink squeezed next to it, 80x80 cm space left free. The radiator in the bathroom didn't work, couldn't dry our bathrobe after the full day at the spa (see my review on that spa separately). The hotel is connected to the spa with a closed corridor. It gets you to the public entrance hall of the spa, no special treatment for hotel guests. To tell a good thing too, the food was decent, both for breakfast and dinner. But no room service, if you want a coffee in the morning you better go down and get it for yourself… Not four stars! The simplest ski apartments in Syria are much better quality for third of the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

To say it right away: We love this hotel and our stay was absolutely fantastic!

The rooms are great to relax and they are clean and tidied up.

The best part of the hotel is the food! It is just absolutely delicious and you will get a six-course Dinner for example!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

After staying at another Therme that was amazing, i was expecting much more from this hotel and therme. The hotels staff spoke only to my partner in german and made no effort to talk to me and the restaurant staff even ignored me! The food was the worst i had in my 6 week stay in Austria! Very early in the morning you will hear everyone walking, talking, blow drying hair, showering! Its really loud! The therme is also very dated and full of very old or families nit very relaxing at all! My opinion is skip this therme and go to Laa!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple