All reviews black pearl fan bungalow great beach per night great escape we loved our stay tropical island beach towels buffet breakfast beach view nice resort silver sands samet island hot shower bars and restaurants white sand beach other resorts
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Situated on a relatively quiet bay, Tubtin is popular with expats and weekenders from Bangkok.

This is the 3rd time that we have stayed in this hotel. The rooms are reasonably priced for the island and have all the standard requirements (aircon, towels, toiletries). The hotel also provides beach towels which you can sign out and in every day. The breakfast provided is average for the island, though provides enough choice for most people.

The food in the bar and restaurant I think is better than most you can find on Samet, particularly the local dishes. My friend also tried some of the more international dishes and thought that they were pretty good too.

Tubtin bay is also a 5 minute walk from Silver Sands if you fancy partying the night away!

Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Tubtim is an institution on the island of Koh Samet. Far enough away from the loud and sometime crowded beach of Sai Kaew but close enough to venture to if the mood takes you. This is the first time I arrived at
the resort without a reservation which I'd usually find unnerving. Have faith in the competency of the staff despite their very typically Thai casual demeanor. The staff is great and so is the food, location and facilities. I've stayed in the new villas when here with my husband which is fancy and in a simpler cheaper villa when here alone which is charming. The boss lady takes care of and feeds a load of dogs so she's
practically a saint in my eyes.
Kudos.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We booked a long weekend at Tubtim and frankly, chose them because they were inexpensive (about 900 THB for a fan bungalow) and on a beach we liked. We arrived late on a Thursday night and were worried as our booking info clearly stated that the office closes at 10pm; however, we called them shortly prior to our arrival and they assured us that they would leave our room keys at the restaurant bar for us -phew!

We booked an a/c bungalow for our kids and the fan bungalow for ourselves. Although very basic, the rooms were very clean. Interestingly enough, the fan bungalow was even a bit chilly at night! Please note that if you want your room cleaned, you will need to drop off your key at the front desk.

Breakfast had the usual toast, eggs, cereal and Asian stir fries and porridge (quite meat-heavy); however, you could order from the ala carte menu at the restaurant on the beach for a bit extra and sit right there.

The beach was perfect. There was a lot going on, but not in an obnoxious way (e.g. not a load of jet skiers, busloads of tourists, etc.). Tubtim didn't have loungers, but the bar next door did, which worked out fine. It was perfect for reading a book or taking a quick swim in the ocean or of course, serious digging in the sand. Also, there are a few dogs here and there (one in particular who may want to ride on your kayak with you), but they weren't all over the place defecating in the sand (unlike other beaches in the area).

We found the service great - folks were always really helpful and attentive, even when it was crazy busy. I will have to say, the BIG GOLD STAR goes to the fact that our daughter left her new headphones (a birthday gift), which weren't cheap, and our youngest left her stuffed animals. I called the resort expected nothing, but they told me they found them and almost immediately mailed them to us! I've done a lot of traveling in my life and sadly, this kind of honesty and kindness doesn't happen as often as it should. This really was the cherry on top for our experience.

So if you are looking for some fancy resort with scented soap and silk robes in the closet, this isn't for you; however, if you are on a budget, but are more about a nice beach (that is an easy walk to other restaurants, bars, etc.) with a chill vibe and good honest service - this is the place!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Staff
+ couple of friendly faces
- most seemed actively sullen
Breakfast
+ coffee was nice, egg station was good
- asian options bland, fruit juice too artificial
Accommodation:
+ mattress was comfy, shower was hot
- very basic
Restaurant
+ Massaman curry was really tasty
+ most food we tried was decent
Beach
+ clean and great sand
- way too busy for what we were after
- no sunloungers only deckchairs for rent
Price
- overpriced compared to what we saw elsewhere
WiFi
- 5 days without any WiFi (not helpful for planning + booking next part of the trip)

As the whole booking was charged to the card beforehand, we had to stay. Luckily we had motorbikes to venture elsewhere. Tasted some great real food and had whole beaches to ourselves. We saw much better value elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Perfect food, best service-staff we have EVER had in thailand and on it‘s islands. I can only recommend the whole resort and especially the chicken wings. Thanks to „Nit“ - the guy who made us feel at home and being welcome as FRIENDS. Thank you Nit and greetings to your lovely dog „Soda“ - we will come back to Koh Samet only because seeing you again will be a pure pleasure sawasdee kap my friend, greetings from oxana & tobi

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple