All reviews black pearl fan bungalow great beach per night great escape we loved our stay tropical island beach towels buffet breakfast beach view nice resort silver sands samet island hot shower bars and restaurants white sand beach other resorts
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed for 4 nights room only, in a bungalow with a fan.

Price was very reasonable - 800 baht per night.
Room was very clean, fan was amazingly powerful. Mosquito screens on all doors and windows.

Bar facilities were good. Range of Thai and western food. Great to cappuccino with sand in between your toes!

Very quiet bay, but only 5 mins walk to the next bay with a range of restaurants and bars.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

First b2 behind the office 2000bht clean, bathroom with warm water, breakfast included, airco fridge, beach view through the trees, not bad location close to the water but not too loud. Next to back entrance and kitchen so maintenance traffic but not too bad.
Then moved to a66 in the back of the property at 800bht because we didn't use most facilities... clean fan room in a row... NO breakfast, neighbors but also more contact ;-) even better bed than b2. Small shower with bucket toilet flush you get used to fast ;-) good value

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeldeGraaf
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Actually, I didn't had the chance to try that place!!
I saw availability on line on different websites in middle of January for a trip of 3 nights in middle of February.
So, I called them directly and paid a booking for 2 rooms for our trip.
I paid the booking on 15th of January for a trip starting on 16th of February.
Today (24th of January), they called me back saying that the rooms are finally not available and the only availability is now for a room 25% more expensive.
I said 'No way!!'. It's not a common practice at all. What is a booking for finally?
And I tried to negotiate.
I had a long talk on the phone and the guy finally hang up the phone.
After calling another number from another phone, I finally talked to a lady.
They didn't accept to decrease their price a little bit. I was ready to pay a bit more (like 10%) but not 25% which is not fair at all.
And finally, as a normal way you sometimes face here, they didn't really care at all about what I was saying and replied to me 10 times without much conviction 'Sorry Na ka, Sorry Na Ka'.
So I decided to ask for a refund. I'm waiting for it now to find another place to book.
I can pay more but when you work with professional people, not people like that.
They behave really badly and didn't look professional at all.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LVincent73
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Great bungalows as advertised, we had a two bed one with aircon. Basic facilities but a good shower and aircon. Nice complex with a great restaurant. Nice beach and easy few minute walk to all the other bars and restaurants on next door Ao Phai beach. Everything very clean and towels provided for the beach. Very gay friendly. Small shop in the resort with most things you need (including insect repellent!).

Drawbacks - easy to get a ride/taxi to it, but not back from it - get one from reception after a bit of a wait, walk to Ao Phai or rent a scooter. Lots of mosquitoes (they have a natural pond in the middle of the resort for some reason)!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We recommend! Really cute hotel, with nice and clean bungalows on the beach or in the garden, with terrasses, and clean spacious bathrooms, and with comfy beds. The reception is really nice but the service at the restaurant is ridiculously slow...but we still ate there everyday. The beach is beautiful and clean, it was a great middle point between 'crowded' and empty. There were about 3 restaurants and cocktail bars to make everything available but few enough to not cramp the beach. For more bars/restaurant walk to the stretch of beach to the left, for a quiet tiny beach walk to the right. Will be back and would recomment

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family