“Never try to sleep there!”

Tranquillity Beach Resort
Ranked #25 of 36 Ratnagiri B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“Never try to sleep there!”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stood at the Tranquility Beach Resort at Malgund for only two nights, thanks God". Otherwise, perhaps I would have slept on the beach.We arrived late in evening, it was almost 9p.m. After a long drive we finally reached the place. Even if I didn't' ask for the Swiss tent, they first send us to this kind of tent. What to say, something horrible. Stinking. dirty bed, dirty bathroom with some cockroach running away when i turned on the light. Toilet not washed. Me and my friend expressed our deep disappointment, so the staff came back with some other key after 15 min. and showed us the other cottage, made of brick. At least no stinking walls.But: bed was Extremely Hard, with a specific unpleasant smell, with a joke of pillow,room with stains on the wall. The furniture consisted of a tv which was working, a rusty iron cupboard / who could put some cloth there inside? 2 rusty iron doors and that was all in the room.the Bathroom was DIRTY, toilet Dirty, so I started using the shower - pipe to clean a little that place and to scare away all kind of ugly insects. Because we arrived so late I asked the staff if they could offer us something to eat (we didn't eat anything on the long way from Mumbai, except some biscuits. Staff said there is nothing to eat at that hour, not even some snacks. they offered only coconut water from the coconuts growing in their garden. I tried to sleep but that bed was so hard as if the ma tress was made of wood, and all bones were paining us. At some moment in the night I went out on the backdoor on the veranda, to sleep here. As if I could much!
Well next morning , breakfast was some lilliputian portion of don't know what porridge/like food, tasty nothing to say, but not much. In the morning I could see the surroundings, well, the garden is indeed very very nice, full of coconut trees and birds, squirrels. Staff were watering garden , cleaning there, so I wondered why they don't show same care fore the rooms... Actually we were the only guests at that time, so would expect that they at least clean proper the room and provide some comfortable mattress and pillow. I went outside the garden to the beach,. Beach indeed is BEAUTIFUL! Soft clean sand, clean water, not at all crowded, only a handful persons from a nearby hotel were there.So I spent the whole morning on the beach, enjoying. In afternoon we returned to the cottage, of course didn't stay inside , but slept a little outside on the chair. Only in the veranda there is a table and 2 chairs, in the room no.Sound of nature in that nice garden is relaxing. Soon some staff came and asked us what we want for lunch. We were surprised, because we didn't expect them to offer lunch and dinner. But they serve. And the food is Very Tasty. That's another PLUS for them. In afternoon we visited nearby Ganapati Temple, and I have to say the beach there can not at all be compared with the beach in front of Tranquility resort. So the positive things of the place are> very nice and pleasant garden to relax, wonderful, lonely beach and very good food.But here the positive stops. Wen it comes to the cottages, I repeat, they are HORRIBLE and I don't recommend sleeping overnight there. Maybe only for one night stop if you don't find something better and you are on the way from Mumbai to Goa. And more, there was some ugly dog in the compound, starting barking at me, I don't like dogs around me, so got little scared. There shouldn't be a free dog around when guests are there.
When I left, I talked to the staff, and complaint about the bad quality of rooms comparing with the good environment. I don't know it that Mrs. Nishi, the owner, will take note of this opinion and make some minor investment to upgrade the cottages. If they would change that mattresses and bedsheets and do some proper cleaning, the place would be highly recommended. but only if they improve their cottages. It's a pity that having so good environment and food but are not able to provide food accommodation.

Room Tip: No room is good here
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rose-Gul
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pune, India
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We went in Nov 11, was reccomonded to us by a friend...Our experience is very good. the location is JUST SUPERB, never seen such a bueti location after Tarkarli, Malvan. The service is slow, which is natural in any Konkan beach resort. Order your food well in advance, and there is no problem. we went there basically to enjoy beach, and we FULLY enjoyed that. beach is very clean, no oil / garbage. Lots of migrated birds were also seen.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank rohan1987
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I curse the day when I booked this resort by making advance payment. The quality of rooms is worst then our servant quarters. All the photographs in their website are misleading. I faced the following trauma:

1) NON COOPERATIVE STAFF: We entered there and found the room to be shabby. AC was not working. There were no remotes for TV. Total number of houskeeping staff were 2 who use to do additional work at canteen. Any additional guest to them was a pain.

2) STRAY DOGS wandering inside the campus.
3) The owner is some lady who is so egoistic that when we approached her, she clearly refused to listen to our complaints. When we said that how a lady and child can stay, she asked us to go to some other hotel.
4) You cannot even ask for mineral water at their restaurant. They provide their regular water which is pathetic.

I will never advise this to my enemy. God save this hotel................

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank hisunil
nishigandha, Public Relations Manager at Tranquillity Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
What ever problems they get at Tranquillity was due to some internal problems of Tranquillity staff.
We have totally change our problematic staff. And Now our Tranquillity Beach resort is in new look.
Our rooms size are specious & cozy .
We have started live Barbecue & mock tail corner. Discotheque, chat on beach & much more Fun.
I will ask this client to visit again & then i am sure he will give best Review.
Thanks,

Travellers are raving about these Ratnagiri hotels

Pune, India
Reviewed 3 August 2010

we went to Tranquillity beach resort,as family get together,we enjoyed a lot...
it has beautiful privet beach, food quality was excellent.
To Rejuvenate your self must visit "Tranquillity Resort".

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank vedang
PUNE
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I had been Ganapatipule to this newly opened resort through my friends recommondation, and really enjoyed the stay as well as the local food specially "UKADICHE MODAK with SAJUK TUP". Being on the beach we had a really relaxing weekend in the Kokani huts and specially my son enjoyed the running around the private beach & playing cricket. We also had a nice campfire night with fresh seafood dinner.Rooms are nice,clean & spacious, overall I can say resort was well managed with a very supportive staff

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank MANAS1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ratnagiri
0.7 km away
Samindar Beach House
#7 of 36 in Ratnagiri
3.2 km away
Kohinoor Samudra Beach Resort

Been to Tranquillity Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK