1,750 results
All reviews the grill infinity pool fern tree premium indulgence cottage virtual golf rainforest walk buggy service zip line muddy boots mountain biking the general manager duty manager degree view f b temperature controlled special mention breathtaking views
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wonderful break from the city life overall - staying in a Western Ghat resort away from population has always offered that. The services (including staff) were amazing from Taj - they took good care of us! My wife 'conspired' with the staff manager to arrange a birthday surprise for me - and they did it well! I was surprised to see the background coordination between my wife and the staff (and she was with me for most of the time)!

We couldn't explore much on the outdoor activities at resort because of my partner's health. Food quality and taste was wonderful too - specially the dinner at 'The Grill'; although the drinks options should be extended here. Also, The buggy services could be more prompt and responsive.
Overall, wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First things first, the property is located at a beautiful location with clouds descending to the level of property every evening. The views are truly mesmerising.

I would also like to specially mention Ashray (our server at restaurant Grill) and Manoj (restaurant manager of Coorg speciality restaurant) and Deepak (pottery classes) who were very helpful, courteous and made us feel special.

Okay now this is a Taj property only acquired 5 years back but this property is a far cry from the Taj brand of service that I have been used to (and I have been to number of Taj properties). Mind you we were staying at an expensive premium villa and I am used to being felt privileged even when staying at an ordinary room whereas this time the service made me feel like I was staying in a 2 star property.

First room, don’t expect any thing premium - no separate basins for couples, no rugs or customisation, actually there was noting in the room other than being spacious. On top of it you would expect rooms at such beautiful locations to have a balcony or a verandah so that you don’t have to stay outside all the time in cramped restaurants.

Now the service quality. We had a horrifying experience with their buggy services. Not only we had to wait on an average 20/25 mins every time (with no apology) but on our last evening the buggy driver (named Saumya) was rude and misbehaving. He was driving rash (and I meant speeding on hills and there was another guest with a baby in hand as passengers). When asked to slow down he refused saying that his duty ends at 11pm and he is being asked to do this post his duty. It was a very very disappointing event and I made a mention of this to duty manager Arjun but sigh we saw the same driver next day which I believe is not only a rude behaviour on part of hotel management but also putting other passengers at risk - DISAPPOINTING AND CARELESS.

Second, sorry I must say that I stay at Taj for unique experiences but staying in this property felt like I was staying in a Club Mahindra resort - restaurants full all the time, the pool had kids and noisy families, the speciality restaurants were full, the staff short and clearly overworked.

Not necessarily mistake of hotel management but this property is being maintained as a step child of Taj group. Milking by charging huge prices and overselling during peak seasons to the extent of providing ordinary experience to it’s guest.

A clear disappointing experience and I WONT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karansuri
1974PSB, General Manager at Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear Mr Suri

Thank you for taking my call to discuss your valuable feedback in detail.

I regret the shortcomings faced by you which marred your overall experience at our resort. As discussed we have taken necessary action with regards to the buggy experience and trust you are assured of our concern for our guests safety.

On another note I have passed on your compliments to my colleagues Ashray, Manoj and Deepak who made you feel special durrng the stay.

I appreciate you accepting my request to return in the near future and experiencing the concept of the resort as we discussed in detail.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Warm Regards

Parvinder Singh Bual

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Visited in Nov 2016. Great place to stay. Very beautiful place to stay if you a are a nature lover. View from Reception area is mind boggling - exceptionally beautiful. Staff is very courteous. Rooms are of Hut shapes. Only you need to climb many stairs if room is at a height.
Very nice food as usual. Only drawback it is located far from the city so cannot travel to market place in evening

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GAURAVS3331
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent property superb place to stay excellent hospitality food is also good the destination is 4.5 km from main road little tiring to reach from banglore but when you reach and stand at the lobby you will feel it is worth it the infity pool the hot tub and the jiva spa is also very good over all must visit once

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ankit K
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This resort is 1 of the best resort in india, the view is really beautiful from the room and I just love the reception area for the view it has,and the there are lots of activities which are really great I'm really happy to stay in taj madikeri I surely would like to Visit this place again...!!! :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family