My spouse and I stayed at the KSRTC non AC super deluxe double room. Since the non-AC double rooms were not available at the time we were visiting Madikeri, we settled for this super deluxe room.The room was very large with an exclusive sitting area, which we never used nor wanted considering that we were at Madikeri for only one night and away on sight-seeing throughout the day. While the room was very clean and the plumbing worked fine, the room had very little additional amenities such as a coffee/tea maker, clothes drying line (considering Madikeri is VERY wet during the rainy season), complimentary bottled water or newspapers, typically provided in other hotels at similar price range. If the only thing one gets in a super deluxe room as opposed to a regular double room is a sitting area, it is definitely not worth opting for for the super deluxe. The more disappointing aspect of the stay were the damp, moist towels and bedspread, as a result of the continuous rains. The bedspreads also didn't look clean or new and had old stains on them and moldy smell because of the dampness. Another setback at the hotel was the meals. The restaurant at the hotel, which apparently is outsourced to a private company, served very bad food. The room price included breakfast, but we were told in the morning when we walked into the restaurant, that the buffet, which we had been promised the previous night, had been cancelled and we would be served a plate of idlys/dosa. That was to be all the breakfast we would get, despite the high charges for the room. The overall experience was like being in an over-priced motel. I would certainly give this hotel a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karnataka Hotels Madikeri, ideally located on the edge of the mountains, offers spectacular views of the valley. Recently renovated and capacity-enhanced, the hotel provides a total of 36 air-conditioned, deluxe and standard double rooms. A restaurant with an attached bar offers a range of dishes, including the famed Kodava fare. The hotel also arranges Coorg sight-seeing and activity trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and ClearTrip so you can book your Hotel Mayura Valley View Madikeri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kstdc Mayura Valley View Hotel Madikeri
- Hotel Mayura Valley View Madikeri Coorg