“Beautiful location and lovely hosts!”
other traveller has booked this property
Entrance to Kauri Lodge
Bedroom 1 which has a Queen bed and a Single bed, and plenty of space!!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance to Kauri Lodge
Bedroom 1 which has a Queen bed and a Single bed, and plenty of space!!
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2 - containing one Queen Bed and one Single.
Kitchen and dining with 8 seater table and chairs.
Lounge and dining in the Kauri Lodge two bedroom apartment.
The Bathoom.
We have amazing sunsets at Kauri Lodge !!
A lovely evening at Kauri Lodge
Even on a winter night the sunset can be spectacular!
Beef cattle on the farm.
Young Kauri Trees. There are many massive old Kauri Trees in the upper North Island of New Zealand
The entrance to the two bedroom apartment at Kauri Lodge.
The wonderful rural view from the deck at Kauri Lodge.
A view of Kauri Lodge
The deck where you can enjoy outdoor dining is surrounded by gardens and views of surrounding farms.
Enjoy the garden while you dine outdoors.
Two of our horses are enjoying the roses!
The back garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Morgan B
“Beautiful location and lovely hosts!”
Reviewed 6 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Beautiful location and lovely hosts! Made me a lovely breakfast with fresh eggs and showed me around the property. I felt right at home up in the hills there. Convenient distance to Hobbiton and not far from Cambridge.

Paudux
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great place and will be returning”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We were originally just after some pet friendly accommodation, but Jim and Libby offer a great location and are very hospitable. We will be returning everytime we head up that way and look forward go keeping in touch when we move up there.

Highly recommended, especially if you have a pet.

B L
Nashville, Tennessee
“FANTASTIC farmstay!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

LOVED the Kauri Lodge and our hosts, Libby and Jim! They were completely fantastic. Libby was so much fun... If I lived in NZ I would be making a coffee date with her right now because I enjoyed her company so much! The farm was beautiful... rolling hills, wonderfully friendly horses, sheep and cows, and we even got to meet a pregnant cow and feed some of the sheep and calves! Great fun, especially when we got to see some of the native bush. I got some great shots of some gorgeous native trees, and we even took a ride on a swing that was hidden away in the bush! Such fun! That evening Libby & Jim's neighbors Beryl and Allan came over for supper and we all hit it off like old friends. Libby played Danny Boy on her organ while we all sang different versions of the words (I laughed 'til I cried, it was so funny!), and Allan busted out his guitar and he & Beryl entertained us with some great music, including some Pink Floyd and Elvis. Libby's dinner (pork & chicken, sweet potatoes [kumara], mashed potatoes, green salad, green beans, etc.) was fantastic (I was especially over the moon for her garlic carrots), and breakfast the next morning of poached eggs, ham, and hash browns with Libby's very own tomato sauce was wonderful as well. Libby and Jim were so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Jim has almost convinced me to make another trip to NZ so I can visit a proper sheep-shearing operation to start my new career as a sheep shearer, :-) and Libby has inspired me to try to create a garden that is 1/10th as lovely as hers (because I'm sure I could never manage to match hers!). We slept fantastically well at Kauri Lodge... the night was refreshingly cool, so we left our doors cracked open to let in the night air. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was wonderfully set up with a toilet separate from the shower area. Libby had obviously put much thought into providing everything we could possibly need. Our area had comfy chairs & couches, with plenty of music and movie options for our downtime, as well as some great books about NZ. We had our own refrigerator, with water and orange juice already provided. The sunset that evening, which was right at the back of the house over the valley where the livestock were feeding, was spectacular and everyone in our group got some great pictures. The only bad thing about Kauri Lodge was having to leave! Highly, highly recommended!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Management Response
28 Sep 2013
Thank you Carol and David. We enjoyed meeting you and your two lovely sons, and you were a pleasure to have to stay.
Ca
Reviewed 21 March 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing