“Oceanfront Calibishie”
other travellers have booked this property
Sun Terrace
dinning area on balcony bathroom upper  level
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
dinning area on balcony
bathroom upper  level
BeautifulSunrise view From the back balcony
birds in a feeding frenzy outside the restaurant
bedroom # 1
bedroom # 2
balcony overlooking the ocean
Taking a leap in Chaudierre pool
view of sunset from balcony
view from the balcony
step leading to the backyard and the beach
family guests on sun terrace
Number one beach with black sand
Guests at Red Rock
Beach by the property
Guests on Pointe Baptiste Beach
Flower at Indian River where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed.
Flower at Indian River where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed
Guests climbing and picking coconuts
Front of Rainbow Beach Apts.
Owner and Manager of Rainbow Beach Apts.
Bathroom, upper level apt.
Bedroom overlooking the ocean
Bedroom overlooking the ocean
Entrance, upper level apt.
Bunch of fresh young .
Living room.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

AnnehSSMD
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Oceanfront Calibishie”
Reviewed 13 February 2018 for a stay in January 2017

The upper apartment at Rainbow Beach Apts. was a fantastic find. The apartment was spacious, comfortable and immaculate. Molly has been very thoughtful in providing the apartment with everything you need for your stay. We spent a lot of time on the upstairs patio looking out over the ocean, but the living area, kitchen and bedrooms were all nicely decorated. I do not think there is anything you could want to know about Dominica that Molly can’t help you with. She told us about local attractions we would never have known existed without her help. She is a genuine gem.

We had planned on adventuring around the island, but never went further than Portsmouth because we were enjoying ourselves in Calibishie. This is not a big resort area; Calibishie is a small village where you can stroll down to the market and hear the news of the day. There are several restaurants serving delicious fresh seafood a stone’s throw from the apartment. We swam and snorkeled right off Molly’s beach. It was a little shallow for snorkeling but otherwise perfect: warm and smooth inside the cove.

One note: unless you are a very adventurous driver, you may want to take advantage of taxis, private drivers, or busses to go to other parts of the island. We rented a car and used it, but the driving was a lot more stressful than we anticipated, even though we have driven in other countries where driving is considered difficult. The terrain is mountainous, with almost continuous switchbacks. The main road is just wide enough for two cars to go by one another with their rearview mirrors almost touching. There is no shoulder, just dropoffs or drainage grates that would take out your axle if you drove onto them. Local drivers drive fast, and they come around those switchback curves in the middle of the road. Theoretically they hit their horn to tell you they are coming, but in reality that does not always happen. On top of that, you are driving on the left side of the road. Next time we will ask Molly to help us arrange transportation when needed.

alexander...
Kiev, Ukraine
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We was 3 days in Rainbow beach apartment from 13-16 September
Molly (owner) very friendly ..
In the morning brought me fresh fruits and vegetables

Very beautiful place and very friendly stuff :)
Best location near the ocean :)
Very clean apartment, in bathroom-shampoo, cream, gel for shower, comfortable kitchen
Very big terrace , supermarket nearby

Highly recommend!!
Thanks for Molly:)

7 Nov 2017
Thank you Alexander for the wonderful review.It was my pleasure, and thanks for enjoyed staying at Rainbow Apts.
Marius L
Tromso, Norway
“The highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 11 September 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I went to Dominica as part of a vacation with my girlfriend, and we truly had a wonderful time the whole week we spent at Rainbow Beach Apts. The room we rented was on the second floor which was spacious with a kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. You had your own private balcony looking out towards the ocean. The best part of the experience was Molly though, as she was the warmest, kindest host you could imagine. She and my girlfriend became best friends and Molly catered to us by bringing us fresh exotic fruits, she took us on a walk through the plantation, and she arranged things for us when we had trouble doing it ourselves. The clearest 5-star review I have posted.

Your age range 35-49
15 Sep 2017
OMG, This is such a big surprise to get such a wonderful review from OMDL.Thanks for enjoying your stay with me here at Rainbow apts.
It was such a pleasure having you as guests.You were so appreciating of everything. The property is simple, but it is like home away from home.
I always try to show my guests the best that our nature island has to offer.It is very natural to me as i was born and raised here.
Thanks again for choosing to come to Dominica, Calibishie, and Rainbow Apts.
the_adven...
london
“More like being an independent house guest in a beautiful unspoilt island with gorgeous beaches and scenery”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Dominica is unique and as yet unspoilt. It is a beautiful island with some amazing sights including red Rock, Emerald Pool and of course Batibou beach (probably the nicest beach we have ever visited).

Rainbow was a perfect "get away from tourism" place to stay. We had the Atlantic literally right outside our balcony.

Molly was THE MOST AMAZING hostess. She went out of her way to share tips and suggestions on what we might enjoy whilst we stayed with her. Nothing seemed too much trouble for her. She even pretended to need to go to Roseau to make sure we navigated the bus system successfully! (And she lent us her washing machine for no extra charge!)

She made us very welcome and I would very much recommend her and Rainbow.

Anne & Allan (2 adults and 3 boys (13, 11, 7)).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Sep 2015
Thank you Anne for the wonderful review. What I did was very natural, it was no extra effort. I enjoy making my guests feel welcome and happy especially the kids. I love showing off my island and my village.As you said it is actually like a house and that's how I wanted it to be much different from a hotel room or a guest room.
I will always remember you and your family and thanks for the pictures.
Again I thank you for choosing to stay at Rainbow Apts.
Airtejas
Tyler, Texas, United States
“Molly's Place is "Magnifique."”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

If you are into a fast pace, enormous buffets, and drinks with umbrellas, this is not the place for you. But if you enjoy sea views like no other, nature on parade, and generous warm people, Calibishie is a splendid choice, and Molly's place is the icing on the cake.

We stayed for six nights in the upstairs apartment that has two rooms with king size beds. It was me and my two grown sons, and we had plenty of room. The apartment comes complete with a kitchen and living room. So you can cook in your apartment if you are so inclined.

Molly had her friend Olivier pick us up at the airport for a reasonable fee. Oliver also acted as tour guide on several occasions during our stay. He was very accommodating and a big help during our stay.

Molly is a wonderful hostess full of colorful knowledge of the area and the island. We visited several close by beaches where we were the only people on the beach. There are also waterfalls and rivers close by that Molly can arrange for you to visit.

I recommend you go see Molly's cousin Toga at Toga's which is just down the road. He will make you a fine local rum drink and play you some good Caribbean music. Toga was very kind to us and you should definitely stop in at least once when you visit Calibishie.

On our last day Molly arranged for her friend Suzette to cook breakfast in our apartment. Suzette is a wonderful cook and works down the street at a little cafe named The Rock Site. We ate Suzette's cooking on several occasions and I highly recommend it. She is a maestro with chicken.

Calibishie is a wonderful place to visit and Molly is a splendid hostess. I can't wait to go back soon. Once there, Molly can help you with anything you need. I just hope I can always get a room at the Rainbow Beach Apartments.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the fact that Molly is such a wonderful hostess.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Sep 2015
Thanks for the wonderful review. I do enjoy making my guests feel welcome and comfortable. My village is very small therefore knowing everybody in the village makes it very easy to have my guests mingle with the villagers, know the place, where to eat, socialize, and assist with transportation and guides as needed.
It gives me pleasure to advise on different places and sites that the guests would like to visit and listen to their experiences after they return.
I really did enjoy having you and your boys stay here with us at Rainbow Beach Apt. and looking forward to have you and your wife visit next time in the future as promised.
Molly.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing