See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Definitely worth the price. Loved it! The room was awesome jacuzzi I nearly fell asleep In so good ... Food was yummy and presented well..I must say it exceeded my expectations. People need to discover such a beauty

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Celia S
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I prebooked the birthday package and it turned out better than expected. The staff was on point and the experience was exceptional. I'd like to thank management and staff for there co-operation. Birthday suprise

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shalise T
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We lost our phones in the ocean earlier in our trip, so the only thing we had to go on was the "Discover Dominica" magazine. The magazine said this hotel had: phone, internet, SCUBA diving, spa, maid service, restaurant, pool, and beach access... for only $85/night! After a three hour taxi ride, exhausted and hungry, we were excited for 5 nights of luxury. Upon checkin, they wanted to charge us $115/night, saying that the $85/night was a local rate only. They finally gave us the room for $86/night after much discussion. The girls at the front desk had no idea where our room was, so we all discovered it's location together... how sweet. We went to dinner, and over half of the menu was no longer available, and there was no bartender at the bar. The food was pretty horrible, and extremely overpriced. Upon returning to our room, the whole bed was covered in bugs. We killed them with one of the two towels provided to us. We tried to go online... no internet. We tried to make a phone call... no phone service (there was no phone service or internet throughout our stay and since we lost our phones, we had no way of calling a taxi, booking a different hotel, or even buying plane tickets off the island). When we asked the staff about things to do in the area, they all sort of shrugged and said, "I don't know... I don't spend time around here." The spa was EMPTY. I repeat, THERE IS NO SPA. The spa is a lie. When we asked about SCUBA diving, they told us that we'd have to go across the island and book it ourselves. When we asked for more towels, they weren't sure they could get any for us. In our five nights there, we had maid service only once. Basically, we were stranded at this hotel. The staff is very friendly, all TWO of them. They are completely untrained. This hotel is only about 85% finished. You can see where they ran out of money and just stopped building it. As for the beach, we were warned many times not to swim in the ocean. Evidentially, the Atlantic side of the island is too dangerous to swim in, with many rip tides and currents. If you are reading this review, and think that we are simply not acclimated to island life, I assure you, we came to Dominica on a sailboat from our home island. There are plenty of wonderful places to stay in Dominica... this however, isn't one of them.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Jamey H
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Me and my family staid there for a week we enjoy the pool my daughter and her husband also used the Jim we had wonderful breakfast every day and we had lunch and dinner sometime also it was wonderful chief James Lawrence was amazing he made us feel like we are home thank you guys for having us

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed 17 April 2015

A two-night stay in sultry weather presents the need for multiple showers. However, half were as chilly as the hundreds of creeks on this spectacular island!

The meager breakfast buffet (featuring sliced cocktail weiners for the "meat") was the worst food & selection among the six stops we made in the Caribbean (as you would expect, Martinique was easily tops). After three requests, I simply could not get anyone to pour a cup of coffee and schlepped it from the bar myself. Finally, anyone opening the restaurant entrance was greeted by a blood-curdling screech reminiscent of fingernails-on-chalkboard as the door sweep scraped the floor.

The lone rack in the enormous marble bathroom was nearly pulled from the wall and threatened to "throw in the towel," so to speak, under any burden. But that was still an improvement over the shelf or soapdish or shampoo holder which were altogether AWOL. You could barely stretch past the shower curtain to reach the HIGH window ledge if you stood on you tippy-toes, but those under 5'10" need not apply!

On the other hand, there are lots of enjoyable fauna to accompany your stay--if you are an entomologist. They are tremendously photo-attracted, with a particular affinity for iPad screens. You'd think this would not matter for long, but the 3/16" gap between the balcony doors would make you wrong. When you turn out the outside lights to retire, they come inside for a nightcap.

If you have the impression that I could go on & on, you'd be right, but I'll spare you. It's all such a pity, because the breath-taking vista of two creeks meeting the ocean just below you could and should have been so much better realized. Spare yourself the tragedy and find other lodging on Dominica.

By the way, did I mention that we stayed in one of their five best suites?

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple