“Awesome seafood feast..!”

Richard's Fresh Seafood
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Stanhope
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seaside seafood restaurant specializing in lobster, scallops and fish, as well as, lobster pound and market.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Fantastic seafood and oh those fresh cut PEI russet potato French fries..!
Make sure though to note that when they open at Noon the customers start to line up early.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

A local told me about Richard's as the best place in PEI for scallops, big and cooked perfectly, and she wasn't kidding! Our party of four ordered the fish and chips and scallops and chips and they were huge portions. Both the fish and scallops were top quality and cooked to perfection, not greasy nyou could eat the battered part and not feel overly stuffed. The chips were pretty good but we had better. One caveat, do not go at noon time. We arrived at 12:10 pm and ended up waiting an hour and twenty minutes before finally getting our food. The line was just to Richard's store on the same property and didn't look that imposing but the wait was pretty bad.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Lots of meat that isn't over dressed and a perfectly toasted bun. My only qualm is there is celery mixed in with the lobster and this is just not my thing, I find it over powers the lobster, so if possible I would ask for it without next time. Otherwise one of the better rolls I've tried on the island. The fries were good, coleslaw nothing special.

1  Thank TBels117
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We went for the lobster roles after reading the reviews but were somewhat disappointed by the venue itself. After receiving our order at the pick up window and finding a seat on the lower level we were inundated with flies on our drinks and food. The lobster roles were ok but not great. The fries were smaller, stubby pieces and somewhat greasy. Not what we were expecting.

Ryan D, Owner at Richard's Fresh Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I, like many other owner/operators across the Island, make it a point to offer up only our best each and every time. That being said, sometimes we fall a little short, as was your experience. I wish you would have made a point of bringing this to our attention when you were visiting. We would have tried to make it better. Although we are now closed for the season, I hope you enjoy the rest of our trip to our Island.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Decided to visit the Island after the shift from summer vacation time to September and back to school. This is a followup to a previous review and I am happy to report that the food is still good and possibly even better. Perhaps it was the refreshing wharf jump and dip after driving 1600 km or the shorter lineups (they are still there in September!) but the batter seemed even crispier and the portions larger. I can't remember getting three portions of fish last time I dined here but wow, what a lot of fish! They even cheerfully gave me extra coleslaw when I asked -- love the slaw and the little cups are just never enough.