“Birthday celebration”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Pub style restauant
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. My son's had burgers with fresh cut fries. My husband had the steak sandwich & I had sweet chili heat wings. Other than the steak sandwich was a little bit chewy, everything was perfect. Our server was wonderful. A very nice evening!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The two ladies serving at the bar were great. Efficient and friendly.
They also had decent wings.I would recommend if you are staying in Madoc.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We went on a recent weekday evening, and they were moderately busy. Some people were at the bar just drinking; others at tables eating. It's not huge, and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Our server, Christy, was good and efficient.

We had two draft Stellas: tall (pints) and cold at $6.50 each. Their menu is just about what I think pub food should be: several appetizers and salads, a small number of "entrees," and a good selection of burgers, sandwiches, and wraps.

Having similar tastes, we both opted for the "Smoked Meat on Rye" (as they describe it, Montreal-style beef brisket). As advertised, the meat came moderately "piled high," with the largest side of French Fries (really good, the highlight of the meal) I've ever seen. In contrast, the side of coleslaw was the smallest portion imaginable. I thought the brisket was kind of "chewy!" Each was $13.99 ($12.99 on website).

I liked the atmosphere there, and I would go back. However, I would try something else on the menu.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Popular pub in town serves typical pub food.
Customers range from singles to families.
Plates are full so you won't go away hungry. The food was good.
Service is quick and friendly.
The atmosphere is relaxed.
Recommended

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Family had decent meal. Hamburger was excellent, fries were fresh cut and good but not spectacular. Pasta wasn't great according to kids and salads were fresh but nothing special. Service was good, food was made fresh and would recommend if you need place to eat in Madoc, but suggest you stick to the pub food for best results.